Anxiety depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

I woke up today and did several things in quite a hurry, later I got home and felt sleepy, but I was reluctant to fall asleep because I will awake with panic attack, yet I went ahead and tryes to sleep, I layed there sevral minutes but did not /could not fall asleep and I started getting real anious and felt like an anxiety attack was coming on. So I got up, and took a klonopin which takes 15 to 30 minures to kick in ; But after just a fes short minutes, I started feeling better; and klonopin had not kicked in yet. So somewhat odd from usual day. A usual day I would feel anxious and then take a klonopin and later would be calm but a bit sleepy in which I would avoid giving in to sleep by drinking coffee FOR: if I don't and fall to sleep I will then wake up with panic attack?! starting to feel a little better but yet will have to drink coffe so I want fall asllep and wake up with the horrible anxiety attack. I know seems complicated; but there it is; Answers?

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I have Panic Attacks.  LIKE YOU>>when I wake from sleeping. I have often got to the point of trying to stay awake all night. 

the mornings are really bad. I schedule all my appointments in the evening. I have starting as I awake to rush to computer and read what my deighbors are doing..Something to keep my mind off the panic. Check eith your doctor, I take Buspar. I think it helps and not addictive. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for reply..I am taking buspar already. I have noticed in past day or two panic attack is not as bad....something like awave od depression and I get thinking about it and panic. yesterday I took a klonopin for it and soon I was vary calm and felt great...but dont want to get hooked on them, I have read here though that after my paxil and buspar kicks in; (for only been taking it approx two weeks and it takes about 3 to 6 weeks) I want need klonopin or xanax. I hope so. For I'm about to run out of klonopin/xanax and I doubt doctor will presribe me anymore, I hope she does till paxil and buspar kicks in.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for reply..I am taking buspar already. I have noticed in past day or two panic attack is not as bad....something like awave od depression and I get thinking about it and panic. yesterday I took a klonopin for it and soon I was vary calm and felt great...but dont want to get hooked on them, I have read here though that after my paxil and buspar kicks in; (for only been taking it approx two weeks and it takes about 3 to 6 weeks) I want need klonopin or xanax. I hope so. For I'm about to run out of klonopin/xanax and I doubt doctor will presribe me anymore, I hope she does till paxil and buspar kicks in.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I aslo get panic attacks just out of pure worry, money,bills, unemploymnet about to run out and I'm not in the shape to work.  I read the bible verses and that helps, it seems all we do theses days is where about money; not to mention I have two sons that are worrying me a lot. Hopefully things will get bnetter soon.  thanks for reply
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have panic attacks when I wake up too and I take a nap during the day I wake up feeling so much worse and have panic too. I get it really bad every morning to the point I would throw up for avout 2 months straight. I don't get sick anymore but I have alot of anxiety when I wake up its horrible and I have been dealing with it for 5 months nowsad
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up