Anxiety, depression and need help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with depression a couple of weeks ago after weeks of feeling anxiety, depressed and having some intrsuive. I felt like I was going crazy. I was given 10 mg citalopram and I dont know if it was the medication or talking to the doctor about my problems but for the next 2 weeks I felt a lot better.

A couple of days ago I was randomly freaking out a bit about growing older and how fast life goes by which I think might of triggered my anxiety. However, since then I have been feeling anxious all the time about nothing in particular which is starting to make me feel depressed. I have no appetite and I just feel waves of nausea mainly in the night. Also my mum just doesnt understand why i'm feeling like this (it doesnt help that I dont either) and she is fed up of worrying about me. I dont know what to do. Do I try and up my dosage of citolapram or change because I heard citolapram has side effects of anxiety.

**Side note - im going on a school trip away in a couple of weeks and im so anxious about going but I paid a lot of money to go

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

These could be drug side effects so its worth going back to your Dr, its not unusual for people to try a few of these drugs before they find one that suits them. Even though these drugs do help with anxiety some people do feel increasingly shaky early in treatment & stomach upsets are pretty common. Other drugs even ones in the same class may not cause these problems for you and he has plently to choose from.

• Posted

Hello Luchia,

You really shouldn't need worry bout getting older at ur age. U mentioned skool so I guess ur 16 ish.

I'm 42 and I feel like that sometimes but I also feel like life is beginning again. Don't matter what age u are, each day is a new opportunity to reinvent urself.

I might be wrong but sounds like ur mum perhaps isn't telling u what u need to hear, and it's becoming 'ur problem' instead of everyone's solution.

What's ur worries about the trip?

And is it social anxiety u have?

Phil

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. Im not even worried about getting older anymore It just must have triggered all my anxiety even though my anxiety isnt about anything really that I am aware of. I dont have social anxiety but im just worried about being away from home and going on a plane etc.
    • Posted

Yeah it's scary being away at young age just take each day as it comes.

Sometimes when I try to help others I read into things too much and imagine problems and solutions when maybe there's no reason for the anxiety.

You'll be fine , must be exciting though too.

• Posted

Sweetheart when it comes to depression or anxiety or any mental illness there r over 200 different medications on the market for depression or mental illness and look at it like this your body has its own chemistry and so does the medicine and when u combine the two together sometimes it just doesnt work in one way or another...my suggestion to u is if u r having too many side effects get your medicine changed....not to be a downer but some people wait months if not years to get the right cocktail for their bodies...NO MATTER WHAT GO TO YOUR SCHOOL TRIP AND MAKE THE BEST OF IT AND HAVE FUN MOST OF ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.