Anxiety, Depression and working

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a recent graduate and started working. I've always had anxiety but when it came to school it did not bother me as much. Now that I have started working it has been getting worse. I'm having a tough time wanting to stay because of this. I hate being late or not showing up and that gives me enough anxiety that I am even bothered at the thought of going back to work during my days off. I even stopped working full time and switched to working three days a week but I find that I can't handle even three days. I don't want to quit since it is my first job since graduating and need to build my experiences but it is proving very difficult to keep. I'm getting discouraged that I'm struggling with this so early on in my career. Does anyone have advice on how to cope with anxiety and depression and to push through it?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your Anxiety/Depression and mental health is fast effecting your life and work choices

Talk to your GP you need to make base with your concerns and find some coping exersises that will help you

Have you any idea why you feel the way you do ??. To know the reasons will take you down the road to recoverey.

• Posted

There are many ways of coping with anxiety and depression. One way is through diet and exercise thats how i got through the first bout of depression and anxiety. Basically you have to re educate the brain taking a step back when things are really starting to get bad. Through diet and exercise i learnt how to meditate its not that hard when the mind body and soul connect you can learn how to embrace life again. It doesnt come over night but if you put your mind to it you will not believe how quick things can turn around in your life. I hope i have said something of inspiration to you. If you want any more advise message me i can give you plenty more tips.there is only so much you can say in a message. Yours sincerely leigh
  • Posted

When i first suffered a depression or anxiety i would think right ive got to accept these feelings are very normal feelings to have this if you take the challenge of it can change. I once saw a psychiatrist he said i must challenge these thoughts. There is medication but from my point of view if you challenge your thoughts when its happening once if you can get a grip on your thoughts anxiety will die down. Fight or flight. You can do it i no work is daughting when your not coping once you get belief back in yourself you will feel liberated. Medication in my opinion is a last result. Believe in yourself your doing wonderfull you have reached out . That is the first step towards recovering . I hope i have said something that may help you. Yours sincerely leigh
    • Posted

Thank you! I have tried medication twice. I was first given anti-depressants a couple years ago but had negative side effects from it so I stopped. Around my Junior year in undergrad I started having difficulty breathing It felt like a panic attack. Later on I had two seizures months apart from one another but within the same year. I have done so many tests, MRIS, EEGs, tested my lungs and heart and all checked out to be normal and healthy. I was given anxiety medication because the neurologist thought my seizures and troubled breathing were linked to my anxiety. I stopped taking the anxiety medication when I finished the bottle. I found that it helped me sleep a lot better at night. But it has been over a year since I have taken any medications. I also view it as a last resort and would like to try alternative methods. I've met with therapists and psychatrists but I'm not good at talking to others about my feelings or problems even if they are a professional. I do exercise regularly I try to go everyday. I will definetly look into meditation! I am also interested in yoga. 

• Posted

Now i get a much better understanding of what you are truely going through i used to never take medications however life is about learning in the end i ended up so burnt out with exercise i endend up not being able to run ten metres without having to stop. That was me at the age of 21 to 22 years old basically finished i came out of work and suffered servere depression where i couldnt eat or drink i would be hallucinating in my bed not to scare you that is in servere cassses this happens. But by the sounds of it your going through it and the sezuires you had may indercate in my opinion you may need to talk with a Gp. When you said the medication helped you sleep. Sleep
    • Posted

Sorry i accidenly got interrupted and you guess it pressed the send button now sleep is the key for mental stability can you remember what meds you was on?
    • Posted

First i want to say sorry if i went on a bit about myself. Im in a much better place now and with the right help you will be able to move on from this. I feel bad i opened up. Sorry
    • Posted

I understand you have had a negative response to medication there is a lot of new meds out there that could maybe if you choose medication could change you life. I understand you may not wish to talk anymore about it until another date. If you want any advise or want to talk just message me. Yours sincerly leigh

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.