Anxiety, Depression, Derealization!! i'm going crazy !!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello guys it's my very first time to join a forum in which i can describe how i'm feeling but it's horrible and i cannot take it anymore. I have been stressed all my life since i was a child but developed anxiety and panic attacks over the past two years. at first the panic attacks were unbearable but till a couple of weeks ago i could handle them and get on with my day. but in the past coupe of months i believe i became depressed and irritated of myself for being anxious all the time and being weak and not being normal like everyone else i hated it !!

so i started getting those crazy mood swings and dizziness and overall fatigue. I would get those on and off untill last week I woke up feeling compelety spaced out !! like my brain is totally shut down and now its been hell !! i can't concentrate !! i can't think clearly !! i can't carry on with anything i'm supposed to do !! i can't even go to work. I spent the past week in bed. I just feel so detached like I don't feel a thing except for sadness and irritability. It's like i'm in a dream where I no longer have control over my life !! I don't eat well or sleep at all and when i dont sleep i dont feel a thing !! it's pretty bizzare. whenever I have a conversation with anyone i have a very hard time concetrating and coming up with words and i keep thinking outloud in my head and i'm so forgetful it's driving me insane !! 

I decided to go to the psychiatrist and she said that i just panic because i have anxiety and told me to take Cipralex!! I don't want to take meds but I'm desperate and I'd do anything to get back to my old self. I just want anyone to tell me how to cope !! I keep wondering why me of all people that has to feel and be this way!! everyday for me is now a living hell !! 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hey that is exactly how I've been feeling for the past six months! I keep on getting loads of symptoms, tinnitus, chest pain, headaches, nosebleeds... I still get very worked up about them even though the Doc says it's due to anxiety!  I also get hyperchondria, cannot stop worrying about getting really serious diseases, which at my age are very rare.

My advice: DON'T TAKE MEDS!!!! They don't work, and create a dependence which can make you even worse! You could try CBT/counselling therapy, or also yoga/meditation.

Hope this helps! xx

• Posted

Hi there

I would beg to differ from leonore as I have been taking meds for bipolar II and anxiety for years and they have literally saved my life.  I used to be very depressed, then hypomanic, with mixed states thrown into the mix, as it got worse then anxiety kicked in and I really hated myself, I even once stood on a bridge thinking of throwing myself off.  That was back in 1999 or thereabouts, then I got a great psychiatrist and understanding gp, both of whom worked with me to establish a regime of meds which with a few tweaks, I've taken ever since.  I can't speak for leonore but meds work for me and have kept me sane, happy and fulfilled for years.

Lizzie

• Posted

My experience is the same as Lizzie. My anxiety is so much better and I don't get panic attacks now I'm on the right meds. I wish I could have had them in my 20's and not suffered like I did. Why suffer when there's help from a good doctor and therapist? Wishing you luck in your journey..
  • Posted

Hui again

I should add that I had very effective conselling too, it was a type called Human Givens and my counsellor taught me stress reduction techniques so that I could cope with noisy environments and crowded trains, two triggers for me.  I think a combination of meds and counselling works best.  Don't be frightened, you can beat this confused

Lizzie

• Posted

Hi lovely i was really bad last year i ended up having a break down it got that bad i couldn't even cuddle my little boy or his dad i felt that i had lost all my love for both of them after a few months of being on meds i was back to my old self I've recently been off them and started feeling crappie again anxiety affects us all different it's making me have horrible thoughts at the minute and thinking stuff i don't want to i feel like am going to crack up with it again but i did what i didn't do last time and went to see my doctor i am back on meds not feeling 100% yet but can tell there kinda working am going to see a hypnosis in a few weeks for anxiety I've heard there good but don't know what to do as you after talk about your problems and that makes me feel worse am only 24 i have a beautiful little boy and a wonderful partner and I feel like am going to end up losing them because of this stupid horrible anxiety i absolutely hate it i feel like it's controlling my life it's a clever thing and it's picks at the things it knows will do your head in the most it's awful that the nicest of people after suffer i wouldn't wish it on any1 and i wish there was something i could do to take it away from everyone that suffers it x
  • Posted

Please message me, I feel exactly the same way like exact. I need help. Please contact me asap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.