Anxiety? Depression? Or PTSD? I'm Not sure

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm not sure what one I may be suffering from, either anxiety or depressed or PTSD.. Can I have all three? I'm serving in the military and have been threw some tough times in and out of work. I've served 14 years in the infantry and lost friends in Iraq and Afghan, also out of work my sister died at 34 years old and other things along them lines. Just not sure what I'm thinking or feeling. I'm currently still serving so not to keen on seeing a doctor yet as it may effect my job? Not sure about the whole thing. Can anyone relate? Thanks.

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I admire everything you do for our country, and i understand that you dont want to see a doctor in case it affects your job. However, your health, both mental and physical is much more important ! I believe you can suffer with all 3 ķ
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Sorry i pressed send without meaning to. I really advise seeing a doctor or even a counsellor to try and find out the exact problem. Good luck with everything!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes, you most definitely can have all three. I have anxiety, and depression, but "heightened grief with symptoms of PTSD" were recently added.

I understand you're concerned with your job, but your job is a contributing factor to everything that's going on. It would be in your best interest to at least talk to a professional to find out what's going on, and then you can decide what to do from there.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have to agree with the others' posts, Paul.

There is no shame in seeing a doctor for all these problems, but I guess you're worried you'll be honourably discharged? And then not have a job at all?

I know a bloke in your position. He HAD to leave the military eventually.

He saw terrible things - and you have, too. Your sister died, very young.

My friend who left the service said that the military don't care about you once you're out, even for medical reasons. I have no reason to doubt this.

So I have no good advice, either, really. Except to say that without you and people like you, our country would be in more of a mess than it already is. My rational side says GET HELP NOW.

But I understand your indecision.                    xx Tess

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up