Anxiety/depression return out the blue

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on citralopram between 10 an 20 mg for anxiety an dep for yrs mainly for anxiety. Lately the last few months have been ok but for the last 5 days i feel as though im back at yhe start jittery anxious low, tearful scared lack of appitite ect normally something happens like a big life crisis or a death ect that triggers me off but this time theres nothing happened to make me feel this way!! Is this just a blip or any advice? Im terrified of being really bad again!!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi Weenett!!

I personally think it is just a bad day.. Im 4 months on citalopram 20mg 3 times a day but today for first time i missed a dose.. i had same feeling today and posted my questions... Knowing how you feel by saying terrified by being bad again!

I was really scared and took a nap with sleeping pill and just had 20mg Citalopram and feel much better than today....

All the best and really hope its just a small blip in your week as mine was today!!

Take care

• Posted

Hey not feeling much better tbh spent most of the morning crying! Trip back to gp for me on monday i think! Thanks for checking tho x
    • Posted

When last have you up the dose...i will not survive on 20 or 40mg a day...and im only on it 5 months now...doc said i can up my dose until i feel its right... so after 5 months battle im on about 5 pills max a day..i do try to stay on 20mg 3 times a day that works best for me!! To drink at one time day or nite doesnt work at all for me..so im seeing my doc monday again regarding this and i sleep max at 4 hours with a sleeping tab so this makes it about 3 sleeping tabs per night...is just wrong for me but will hear what is next from him... Hope things will come back together for you..maybee try up your dose if you feel comfy with it..
    • Posted

I was ok on 10 mg for abt 2 yrs then we had a really rough few months in april so upped to 20 mg an tbh ive never felt right since then i was scrapping by until now i also take zopiclone to sleep which doesnt do much as ive been on them so long. Sounds like i have a better deal than u tho atm is this the first med uve tried?
    • Posted

Did u have any side effects upping the dose i suffered horrendously starting and upping dose
    • Posted

I hope not sleeping is a side effect..i have no other problems but sleep since on citalopram...but must also say i was on tripeline 50mg at night that makes you sleep like a baby..mind you im gonna try them tonight again maybee..but with the tripiline doc gave me 20mg Citalopram..so this was working perfect!! 2 Tripilines at night 50mg and 2 Citaloprams in morning 40mg Awesome days but with drie mouth..so drie that i couldnt really talk to customers...lol

So i went back to doc and explained the citalopram works but i cant live with a drie mouth...so he told me to experiment with my dose...and im all happy and lost waight and stopped many many bad habbits!! But sleep is so important and this has cost me thousands so far... but no..i just up my dose like half a pil for 5 to 7 days and feel my bodys response!! In my case i litterly stop being happy if i dont drink my pills...so i am happy to have found them after such a long battle and end up with sleeping problem..but im sure sure doc will find a way for me..im willing to fight this head on ..lol

Keep strong!!

Kind regards

• Posted

Hey weenie...dont make same mistake as i just paying docter bills...i spoke to mine and said listen, i cant pay you every 2 weeks for piece of paper over the counter!! He agreed and allows me to come in for free and call in with my status...and also give me trials over the counter from now on...i still buy the pills but not docter bills and this helps..

Why are you crying, is it something that bothers you or regarding how you feel in your meds?

• Posted

Ive no idea im not a big cryer normally i think its the anxiety and being scared of facing this feelings again! Its hard work mentally battling this. R u in the usa? Im in scotland and prescription doctor visits and all meds r free here so i'll see him every wk if i have till i get something that works. Ur lucky with cit i had every god dam side effect going for abt 3 weeks it was rough starting it! Have u read the citralopram survival guide? Google it its a good read x

• Posted

Im thinking abt asking for a change to mitrazapine think u guys might call it remeron
    • Posted

Hey..im in South Africa but my daughter now in scotland for 2 years..what a small world hey!! Yeah here we pay but i know there is much better...i love scotland...i miss it so much..i worked in pitlochry 6 months in atholl pallace

If you ever want to talk off from forum you are most welcome... like whatsapp...voice chats may help if u feel up for it..hehe

I will go read it thanks!!

• Posted

Just wrote u my email and its obvs not allowed wonder if there a private mail function? Atholl palace huh very nice we live abt 2.5 hrs from there between inverness n aberdeen
    • Posted

Im on antis for mainly feeling up and about!! It helped stop drinking and many things..i just read about remeron... i personallly cant be numb to the brain..so thats a downer on my side.. i dont know what you went through and dont know youre history but hope you do talk to someone like 1 hour at least per month!! I jumped into the deep end and said to my therapy doc regarding alchole and drugs and cutting myself that this is the end...give me all you got!! lol

So i got 2 hours talk on first saterday..then 1 hour a week for 3 months and started meds for first time..

At my third month i told her i have nothing more to talk about... so i said thanks and peomised to go in once a month even just to say hi!!

The talking part is the most important..the meds is just your backup.. a close friend on your counter or your bag...

18th october im going in to fech my diploma for being sober 6 months as outpatient..

Im trying to say that i can hear you have deep wounds and talking will help..but is not allways easy to find the right person to open up to...i went to shrinks 2 times at high cost but they where as closed as books..i needed a normal person who cares!! I found her at sanca recovery.. she made the difference cause she really listened and talked back...

Take care!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.