Anxiety desperate help and advice please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello first time writing and finding this very hard to do. I am having a lot going on. Moving country leaving job and getting married. For past year I have been have all sorts of strange symptoms. Medically I'm a perfectly healthy 25 year old rugby player. But every morning I wake up feeling 'off'  the last two months my symptoms have been truely awful. Everytime I have something big coming up like today handing my notice in I get really bad nausea followed by bad stomach then racing heart beat. I have a huge phobia of being sick (vommit). My symptoms are getting very bad so much so can't work or play rugby as always worried going to get 'set off'. I'm finding this so so hard to explain symptoms one day its heart burn next stomach. I have no one to relate to feel so alone and crazy and very sad by the day. Its affecing everything. Doctor gave me anti depressants but I always experience horrible side affects and drowsyness which normally makes me worse. 

Any advice help or anything before I really loose it. 

Thankyouy

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

you seem to be getting anxious about something causing the nausea.  Any ideas?

Richard

• Posted

I am not sure. About a year ago I was very sick for about a week after kidney stone operation. 

And I worry about feeling like this in public.

I was very nausea after couple rugby games so now everytime I try to play I get so worked up I can't eat.

I am so worried 

• Posted

maybe the kidney incident has triggered your anxiety about throwing up.  the more worried you feel the more worked up about the game and then you want to vomit. If you think its your digestive system, it can't hurt to get a referral though.

Richard

• Posted

Hello Grant.Have you tried meditation? Lots of us here on the forum find it very beneficial. Believe me when I say my anxiety is immense some time so I go lay on my bed...find a guided relaxation meditation on YouTube and it really does help. 

Over the past months it's saved me from total irrational fear many times. Even if you can just dedicate half an hour to one each day...I know that some days I can hardly wait to get half an hour to do mine I enjoy the feeling if being totally relaxed and free so much.

• Posted

To be honest at the moment no medication. Its crazy tho one minute I'm great then like some on has flicked a switch I am just a mess and for rest of the day I am so exhausted. Is this 'normal'?

Medication I have tried anti depressants they have made me very very unwell. So lost faith but now really ruining my life.

• Posted

I've had a camera down and up and I am all good and well. My digestive system gets trigger by stress
    • Posted

A lot of people get by without medication. To be honest I wish I hadn't started on that route........I wish I'd of tried everything else first but I was so scared and anxiety was overwhelming and I jumped on whatever they offered,hoping it would work. My anxiety initially was situational so probably a few weeks of relaxation would of done the trick xx
    • Posted

No you just lay back and listen to there voice and they take you on a nice relaxing journey xx it's fantastic and very calming xx just type in YouTube, guided meditation for anxiety and panic attacks and loads will come up xx
    • Posted

I have been signed off for two weeks so I'll use this time to relax thankyou ill try YouTube tomorrow I want to avoid medication if possible
  • Posted

do you want to continue playing rugby then if you feel so awful before a game?
  • Posted

Hi there, it really sounds like you have post-traumatic stress disorder. After the period of sickness following your kidney stone operation you have bouts of sickness when you are hyper anxious. As time goes on anxiety gets worse and can take a grip of us. Believe me, I've had it for years...

Best way of tackling with it is head on. So don't cancel rugby games and other such things. Go to them. What is the worst that can happen? Being sick will not end your life but becoming a recluse by avoiding people will. 

I would cut out stimulants such as caffeine and chocolate as they can make one feel even more hyper. And try and do some relaxing activities.

Also please remember that you are going through 3 massive things - moving, leaving your job and getting married, and your body and certainly mind are in a state of hyper alert because of these changes.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply.

I can not physically play rugby because I feel well and true bad before a game and no energy.

I have avoided social events and eating out for past 3\4 month because every time I get very nausea.

I will try to go to social events more just so worried about that unwell feeling and panic I get. 

• Posted

Nausea is a common symptom of anxiety. I feel it too...and very dizzy.

so you have to get on top of the anxiety and reduce the symptoms... A good balance between exercise and relaxation will help....even if it's moderate exercise like a brisk walk...and anything that you feel relaes you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.