Anxiety, diet and exercise

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok .. so this is usually a subject that sparks a lot of discussion. 

I have had a Anxiety disorder for many years now and at one point would not leave the house. 

I have tried every med under the sun, I have tried to do stupid things to mayself and even turned to illegal substances for some relief. 

Until about a year and half ago I decided enough was enough and changed the way I live. 

I started a clean eating plan, I cut out all chemicals, sugar and wheat. I learnt to cook amazing recipes and took all natural suppliments. 

I excercise 4 times a week, High intensity to really use my energy up and I can happily say I came off meds 6 months after starting this! 

I now love filling my body with the stuff it needs and no longer feel sick and tired from all the meds shoved down my neck! 

T total .. no alcohol no caffine and no MEDS!! 

Has anyone else found diet and excercise to help? xx

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Glad your feeling better, however, even the thought of my caffeine & wine being taken away has put me in a state of high anxiety, not that I drink either to success, 1 latte per day & couple of wines Saturday & Sunday night. Think it's good to be able to look forward to & enjoy some of the finer things in life but if uour happy without these then good on you

All the best, cheers ☺️🍷

• Posted

I enjoy the finer things in life hun ,, I just dont see them as being alcohol and caffine anymore. xx

I enjoy eating out, travelling, working, gym, skydiving lol xx

• Posted

Tell us more about your new achievement and the way you have got rid of your meds. And what you eat most of the time. And what kind of exercises you follow. I go to gym but when I come home, within 24 hours I feel tired overall ...just achs and pains unspecific aches....and head-fog most of the time. and lately panic attacks...which make my abdomen swell when it happens...!!It reall sucks!!
    • Posted

I try eat plenty oats and bananas, slow release energy if good.

Everyone is eating peanut butter pre and post work out, with porrige or wholemeal bread. Green veg is fab plus dark fruits.

Almonds to snack on when hungry help me.

The most important thing is actually water. We neeed mass amounts per day to function good. I think our body's are made up of around 60% so it suchs it's importantance. Drink water day and night and on wake up.

I also eat brown rice with spinach and chicken often. I don't work out as much as I used to so I try eat a little better. I have a degree in sports and hammer nutrition. There is loads of stuff coming out now as sports science is just growning and growing.

Maybe speak to a diet and nutritionist and grt them to do a eating Plan and also foods u like and dont liKE. I have ibs qnd have to avoid all grease qnd I bloat of pasta etc.

Personally try eat as much fruit and veg in your diet as possible qnd good olde water :-)

• Posted

exercise is the best form of medicine. Then the hardest part is the Eating. As they say we are what we eat haha. I find the moto about red meat being heavy and sluggish like red meat animals. Hard to digest.. Then white meet meat like like flighty light animals.. I struggle with ibs so I try eat carefully but it's so hard as am just always hungry and find if I don't eat every couple of hours I get food shakes. I carry bananas by my side haha

I have learnt that diet Is sooo important and had no idea of the effects of a poor diet or refined food and sugar on anixtey. I don't drink coffee etc as i get way too much energy haha. But i defo feel exercise and diet sorts many problems. Keep it up

My friend used to.always say thank the farmers, now I see why haha

• Posted

My life generally centres around media entertainment and junk food as time continues to overlap me.. I've tried switching out my dietary & lifestyle habits several times before but found it to be unattainable due to low confidence and making ill informed decisions so instead taken my dietary & lifestyle habits to the extremities by remaining physically inactive and continuing to binge eat solely on comfort foods resulting in further weight gain and an array of symptoms shared by vascular & circulatory, gastrointestinal & digestive, musculoskeletal & neurological disorders which my generalist physcians in their brief, vague, and informal consultations relying solely on clinical examinations and basic blood assessments assures me they can find nothing wrong which I'm averaging a consultation every 2 weeks for the past 2 years.

I've always held faith that making the necessary dietary & lifestyle habits would transform my life by giving me the necessary energy, confidence, self esteem etc. to lead a more happy and productive life which I feel I'm so close to "starting" and just hope it's not to late as recently I've been encountering erectile dysfunction which feels like I've officially hit rock bottom and fear of being diagnosed with a debilitating disease when I'm almost ready to commit to a new lifestyle frown

Congratulations on your switch-out, hopefully I can follow and who knows maybe I'll be able to post back with my sucess and if I don't you know I died rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.