Anxiety disorder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am Cass,

I had this anxiety disorder for almost a year now. Sometimes I really can't stand it. I over think too much and sometimes I feel like I had a heart attack. Some people really don't understand me & even my family member. What I need is someone to support me sad.. I really need help :'(.. I cant stand it anymore

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yep same as me Hun, I overthink everything and get myself so worked up about that my heart starts to beat out of my chest, start sweating, feel sick and feel wobbly. I started to use rescue which really helped calm me down, then I started taking herbal kalms tablets and they helped for abit, then I started using 5 htp herbal tablets but they made me very sleep and not want to move. I went to the doctors and they put me on propranolol 40mg 3x a day to stop the physical side of panic which I took for 6 weeks but although the physical side of panic was less I still had the panic thoughts so went back to docs and they put me on sertraline 50mg along with the propranolol, I am now on day 23 of sertraline and it has def helped but I still do get abit of anxiety but it does take time to work, been told 4-12 weeks so I'm hopeful I will be back to normal soon. I would suggest going to your docs, as anxiety is so hard to live with ands it's no ones fault it's just a chemical imbalance. I hope I helped and pls keep me updated on how u r doing x
    • Posted

Thanks hun.. Hopefully there are more people like you out there
    • Posted

Do you have high blood pressure? I'm on propanolol and its helped my palpataions and headaches.waiting to increase it on wed since my bp is still high.
    • Posted

No I don't have high BP.. But I had this migraine for few days now.. Is this part of the anxiety symptoms?
  • Posted

Hey hun i have been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for the past 3 years all the symptoms vary daily. Between the fast heart rate and the numbness in my body my tongue will feels swollen and then i can't breathe. All this start because of a simple pain in my body then i google the symptoms and it automatically give me the worst anxiety attacks. Everyone i know even my husband the favourite words to me are there is nothing wrong with you it's all in your brain you can stop this you can make yourself better what's that i don't understand its not that easy out for 24 hours in the day 20 of them i sit there and think what could be wrong with me and everytime i do that i have an attack so i totally understand where you're coming from
    • Posted

My husband said the same thing to me too.. Sometimes I feel like crying but I have no reason to cry. Sometimes I'm afraid bad things will happen to me. Very hard to control this feeling..
  • Posted

Hi Cass,

I know how you feel. I've had anxiety for quite a while now and it makes me really unhappy. no tmany people understand me either so I dont really tell anyone about it. But I just try and focus on the positive and try to be happy as it kinda helps me through the anxiety. Do something that you enjoy. Or maybe try to speak to your doctor and see if they can do something about it. smile

• Posted

Hi Zoya, I told my friend about my anxiety.. But it seems like they cannot help me either.. I try to think positive everyday
    • Posted

Hi Cass,

Maybe you should try CBT as a lot of people have said that it works. I've never tried it but more likely will be as an alternative route. You could also try mediation as that's another way of coping with anxiety and stress. Hope everything works out for you soonsmile

• Posted

Hello Cass, I have had Anxiety disorder for 6 years now, and I have my good times and bad. It's a rollercoster that sometimes you just wish you could get off. I hit a real low 2 years ago and almost ended up losing it all together. I was lucky, people recognised that I was not good and intervened. I had alot of CBT, but I refuse to take persception medication. I met the most wonderful theropist at this time. We were living abroad and alternate therory is much more accepted and advanced. She immediately suggested taking the following combination: 500mg Magnasium, 1000mg  Vitiam C, and Vitaim B complex. I began immedately and have complete faith in it. I have low points then realise I have forgotten to take them for a couple of days. I am not saying that it works, but I have felt so much better since, and although I have anxiety, I no longer suffer with the crippling panic attacks that I had on a weekly basis.

I also drink local honey and camomile, this does 'bring me down' when I am spiraling.

This sounds very airy fairy, and ~I am REALLY not like that, But my little things that I do, have made a significate difference. If you have not been to see a doctor do it, but do not feel under pressure to take medication from them. Ask to see a CPN Nurse for Cognitive Behaviour Theorpy, it works. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.