Anxiety Disorder- Acute symptoms

Posted , 34 users are following.

Hello! I am a 21 year old female from Greece and I would like to share my anxiety disorder experience with you, in the search of, I don't know... Answers maybe... It all started 6 months ago when I woke up a Saturday morning. I had already dropped out of college for over a year because of financial problems, so I already had depression, since I lost my friends and my daily routine after quitting. About an hour after I woke up, I started having migraine with aura ( you get blurry vision and you get kind of blind from one eye, for 10 minutes or so) That happened 3 times in a course of a week. The doctors said it was nothing and it would never happen to me again. About 10 days later, I was watching tv and right there on the spot was the moment where the rest of my life begun. I started feeling light headed and it just wouldn't go away. I stayed up all night panicking, feeling dizzy and the next morning it started getting worse and worse. That was when drowsiness appeared. I felt like my brain was blurry and I couldn't concentrate. My dizziness had started to get unbearable. A few days after that, and after popping some Valerian daily, I got Tinnitus that until today, April the 7th, has not left my ears, for even a second. I got more and more anxious about my condition that I started having panic attacks, accompanied with me wanting to faint. I did many blood tests, but they all came out clean. not even the slightest thing wrong. I decided to go to a neurologist, believing that with my symptoms that started to get worse ( limb numbness, nightmares) were caused my MS, cancer etc. He did some simple tests to me. He gave me Benzodiazepines and I took 15mg a day. I won't lie to you, I felt brand new. But as soon as the box was finished I started feeling like shit again. I went again and he gave me Benzo again plus Fluoxetine. I took roughly 60 mg of those, per day. My life changed ( except from the tinnitus) and I felt really good from day 1. I started therapy as well, but dropped out after 10 sessions, because I hated my therapist :P Three months later, I started having a burning feeling in my throat when I ingested the Fluoxetine. My doctor was not really understanding. I told him that I couldn't bear it but he kept telling me to take it. So I stayed with the Benzo and changed a doctor. Little did I know, Benzodiazepines are very addictive and I had started to feel dependent on them. I went to a neurologist- acupuncturist and she lowered the Benzo to 5mg a day, plus acupuncture . I started having withdrawal symptoms ( 50 days ago) , that were even worse than the ones I had in the first place. I felt like a junkie. I started having flu symptoms, chest pains, my heart skipped beats and even the slightest trigger of anxiety made me crazy. I started having burning feelings in my esophagus when I took the Benzo, so I had to stop it too. Now I'm taking these crap herb pills, that don't really work. Anyway, I feel like no one really understands me. Everyone tells me to calm down, take it easy, but truly, I know that being in this forum and reading this, someone will understand. I feel like I'm losing my mind and I'm having nightmares every night. Any suggestions?

5 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Constantly being stressed and worried will lower your imune system so you will catch colds and chest infections unfortunately. I've suffered anxiety since I was 15 (32 now). I have it under control 90% of the time. I found this site while feeling hopeless during one anxiety attack and the people on here did fix me up smile

Have you watched any videos on youtube explaining what causes anxiety to get worse and worse? An understanding can help a lot.

I'm on tablets too (cyprilex or estoalaprann- I don't know how its spelt or prounounced)

Now if I try to come off them my head spins and feels like there is a rubber band round it so i'm probably stuck on them forever now.

Investigate it online. An understanding of anxiety really does help a lot

• Posted

I have the burning in my left arm doctor thinks I'm talking out my arse.....

• Posted

Hi , I jus read about your post . I'm a 16 year old girl and I have been having terrible anxiety . It all started a few weeks ago wen I found out I had to get surgery to get my appendix removed. The surgery was fine but ever since I jus kept think something would go wrong , after I was feeling better from my surgery I kept thinking something was wrong with my heart , i then went back to the doctor they checked my heart and everything was fine. Now I've been having headaches daily and now I think I have some brain tumor I jus have been thinking and thinking and over thinking everything . My symptoms are chest pain, head is kinda foggy I don't feel like I'm in the right mind set, daily headaches , chest tightness jus a whole lot of pain everywhere and that's why I tend to think something is wrong with me . I think I'm gonna die and everything is gonna go wrong , I need help nobody understands me cuz they aren't goin thru it but I can't keep goin back to the doctor to get checked every time a new symptom comes I jus hate this feeling ! I jus want to be normal again please help!!!

• Posted

Hey girl . I am also 16 years old and everything you've experienced, I've experienced. It all started last year April when I fainted in the kitchen and I woke up with heart palpitations and ever since I have been having anxiety attack for almost no reason . Every day of my life I constantly worry or fear something . In school assemblies i start shaking because being around people make me very anxious. Even at church I have to hide in the bathroom all service because I panic when I'm crowded by people. I'm afraid to be alone at home because I think someone bad will happen to me. Basically everyday of my life I panic for little to no reason at all and I'm quite sick of it. If you ever need a friend to talk to you can always talk to me if you want to . maybe a can help each other out when dealing with anxiety !

• Posted

Hey! I've been dealing with anxiety for a while. How is your anxiety holding up?

• Posted

Sean what did the doc tell you the burning sensation in your left arm were from? I have these all the time and I’m only 24 years old
    • Posted

Numbness, tingling or burning are very common anxiety symptoms. It is all part of feeling scared on the inside. Just a week ago, I got an anxiety attack and my forehead felt like there were ants walking, so tingly and numb at the same time. Don't worry, I always until today, try to snap out of it. 

• Posted

Thanks Neil. I will try to investigate it as much as I can and maybe buy some self help books and watch videos about it. It's still very new to me and I feel desperate to get my life back. What kind of relaxation methods do you use? Do you have triggers like I do?
  • Posted

Hi,

I'm also 21 female and am suffering with anxiety and it's horrible changed my life all started about eight

months Ago I have had several visits to the doctor thinking I'm dying! I get headache blurred vision constant

Worrying about my health stomach cramps/abdominal, back pain, earache can't relax no matter how hard I

try! The list goes on.It's got a lot better learning to deal with it and not worrying just sticking it out its so hard to do when it's at It's worst, I'm awaiting CBT and really hoping it will help me relax I'm on mitrizapine witch is

A antidepressant but used for anxiety. I cried my eyes out for two week about starting these tablets they have

Helped with my head feeling like I'm loosening my mind (if you get what I mean) but not really helped with

physical symptoms so I am in the same situation as you just hoping to find a way to live a normal happy life. I do agree with above learning about the cause but with generalized anxiety disorder witch I also think I have

There is no trigger it's just there all the time. I hope you find away to get rid of your anxiety. Good luck. Wish I could help more! X

• Posted

Hi , I jus read about your post . I'm a 16 year old girl and I have been having terrible anxiety . It all started a few weeks ago wen I found out I had to get surgery to get my appendix removed. The surgery was fine but ever since I jus kept think something would go wrong , after I was feeling better from my surgery I kept thinking something was wrong with my heart , i then went back to the doctor they checked my heart and everything was fine. Now I've been having headaches daily and now I think I have some brain tumor I jus have been thinking and thinking and over thinking everything . My symptoms are chest pain, head is kinda foggy I don't feel like I'm in the right mind set, daily headaches , chest tightness jus a whole lot of pain everywhere and that's why I tend to think something is wrong with me . I think I'm gonna die and everything is gonna go wrong , I need help nobody understands me cuz they aren't goin thru it but I can't keep goin back to the doctor to get checked every time a new symptom comes I jus hate this feeling ! I jus want to be normal again please help!!!

• Posted

There is a video on youtube if you search "anxiety attacks cure self help treatment"

It's a good video in that it has a relaxation technique which may or may not help. Definitely worth a look.

"just want my life back" I know that feeling when going through a prolonged anxiety episode.

Mine used to trigger when around lots of people like at a party. I feel extreamly self aware.

Also random pains/feelings I can't explain and start to overthink.

You are in no real danger with anxiety.

I hope you find a way to relax that works for you smile

• Posted

• Posted

Im a 28 year old male I had my first panic attack 2 weeks ago out of nowhere I thought I was having a heart attack so I went to the er they ran all the tests and eveything looked fine they said but I felt horrible so I went to a doctor last thursday and was placed on hydroxyzine 25mg tablets 3 times a day as needed for anxiety and so far after a week they seem to work ok 4 the anxiety feeling but I have headaches and blurriness and stay really bloated which I guess can come from the meds but I was taking them 3 times a day so today I called and they said I only have to take them as needed so I didnt take 1 this morning and while looking at my phone my eyes get blurry and my head hurts...I have also had some pains in my arm and a few in the chest which ive read are all part of anxiety I just wanted to talk to someone who has been through this and get their perspective on things. 
    • Posted

Jeromy, it's gonna be a hard ride, if you're on meds you're going to get hooked, if you're not you are going to feel like s**t, like I feel right now (I've been of meds for 3 motnhs bcs I got really dependent on them). I propose alternative methods and lots and lots of therapy. But be sure to find a therapist that really understands you. And MOST improtant: keep yourself away from stressful situations, and people that make you feel negatively. Keep your mind busy, do things that make you happy and start giving less crap about the hardships of this world because things only get worse with negative thoughts. BE strong men, one day things will get better (hopefuly) 
    • Posted

Thank you for the reply Maryl yeah I didnt like the feeling of taking the meds 3 times a day so I took em twice yesterday and have yet to take 1 today just trying 2 wait until bedtime to take 1 and see how this routine works for me. Ive gotta do the meds bc I cant afford the therapy and can barely afford anything I need to do bc I have no job and feel like I cant work or do anything now. The thing that cause the most stress and only thing that bothers me Is constantly worrying about health issues and being scared of everything I feel now and looking up everything anytime something happens
    • Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.