Anxiety disorders and life problems associated

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anybody want discuss anxiety issues and problems but also discuss the strength in your mental pain! No holds barred wink !

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hey. If by mental pain you mean the incessant barrage of turmoil associated with pretty much everything going wrong in your life, then yeah! I'm right there with you. Come to realise that anxiety plus depression has always controlled me, thus making me choose the complete wrong paths in my life, which in turn have created problem upon problem and battered my self worth. It's a vicious cycle that has been running for me for as long as I can remember. It's literally living hell. I don't know how I get up every day and do all the things I have to do. And I can't even remember a time where I lived without this gut wrenching pain in my stomach. On a positive, I'm still here and not many people know just how messed up I am! Only those who get too close and then run for the hills. Hurrah!
    • Posted

Your feelings are exactly same as me,  the fact most people around you don't see it makes it so much harder to recognise early on,  and some people get baffled when I crash and burn but my partner and previous have had to deal me.   It's a shame it takes years of understanding yourself and plenty of damage before you can see it.  Personally I feel there is a lot of research and understanding recently in depression and it's much easy to diagnose,  however gad is very much not understood.  Do you feel that?  I'm new to talking about this but is helping me to see its not just in my head!   We only get one chance so why do is have to hurt like this!   For the first time ever I am excepting it as real pain. Keep chatting 
  • Posted

Sure. I am so scared all the time I take comfort in being able to tell someone who understands how I feel. Trapped in my own insane fearful World of anxiety.
  • Posted

hi im eddie and i have anxioty and would really like my teacher to understand that i cant do the tests i always fail because i cant breathe focus or feel my hands and feet. .                          why does life hate me
    • Posted

Hi Eddie, unfortunately unless you get prescribed then it's very difficult for people or senior figures to help you.  as you may of read anxiety is normal  and so is fear of events, it's what's makes us human.  However if you know this is worse than normal anxiety speak to doctor openly and you can get help with exams if you have valid reasons and tutors recognise your potential. Only advice I can give is be open with the doctor as they have the power to help.  If you fluff your exams becouse of anxiety and not being prescribed, you will regret it more than seeking help before hand.  This is only becouse I'm older I can see this the fact your looking for answers now is very encouring and you should be proud.  Well done and don't be ashamed of your condition. Let us know how you get on kidda (ps I'm judging your age by exams,  sorry if I have age range wrong) 
    • Posted

And life don't hate you,  becouse life is you!  If your hating yourself than deal with the cause. Stay vocal and believe me when I say it's very encouraging to see young people trying to understand themselves.  The world needs more thinkers not sinkers.
  • Posted

we all read posts and never fully understand the person behind them.. I think all people on here would be surprised by each other what I'm trying to say is open talk is hard but there is positivity to gain from knowing you can express.  World is tough with anxiety but some of the most inspirational people in the world have suffered from it, and it is true that there is a huge amount of honesty that worrying about the outcomes of scenarios that has excelled humanity. Understand this and when your crippling and want to turn off the hummmmmm,  keep some faith in future and the power that you actually do have!    Nobody will tell you how much you inspire them unless you have a job that gratifies it,  but people will remember odd comments you make easily and hold it with them.  I cripple a lot with this but I have had a lot people tell me simple words I have said have stuck and helped!   The power in this pain is,  the scenarios you have dealt with in your head is yet to be discovered by non worries.   I have had few years of ease and have respected my disorder,  citalopram and easing my life of actual burdens helped,  but the moments of clarity you have from inner confidence can hugely help in the down slopes!  Just me be hope there is someone else who see is that way!  
  • Posted

But you never visit anxiety sites when you are eased somewhat.  We all talk becouse we are struggling but it would be amazing if people revisit it during the good times!  Negativity is infectious as is positivity try to keep a handle on the ups and the downs,  that is balance! As hard as it is
  • Posted

The reason I started a group was To find like minded people who can see a littLe bit of positivity with this debilitating and painful condition.  I feel comfort in knowing that others feel this, but I also take pride in knowing there is benefits in the pain! If it was all negative there would be no reason,  but please people give us examples of positive actions.  There is no point in self help groups if we talk and ponder the worst! Anxiety is not known fully becouse the only help needed is when the pain is there! And relief is needed.   Please don't judge me incorrectly and not a real sufferer becouse I want people to express positivity in this subject,  I merely want the condition understood and have realised through my life that anxiety has led me to do some funny and crazy things and it needs to be embraced somewhat!   That I feel is where anxiety and depression can differ and that is what we all need to understand to be able to deal and understand ourselves!   No holds barred lets go for it! 
  • Posted

Some positive ways I have tried to overcome anxiety and agoraphobia: Since I would usually be worse in the evenings, I would tell my kids that I was bored. We would all pile in the car, and just drive around with the radio blarring, and singing at the top of our lungs. When I am alone is the hardest, so I read Scripture, I make things out of scraps of lace and material, anything I have laying around. I try painting a favorite picture. I call a friend that makes me laugh. I get my mind on anything but me. I have been through so much therapy all my life it is not even funny. But in the end it is us that has to find a way to make all the teaching they do work. It is us that has to change our way of thinking. It is up to us to take that step to getting past the fear! I could not leave my house for ANYTHING for 2 years. I can now go 300 miles with a person I feel safe with. That is HUGE!! It took me 5 years of driving a little further each time, but I am doing it. As long as I know I can turn around if I need to, I can do it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.