Anxiety even while medicated

Posted , 9 users are following.

Has anyone been "better" since being on meds but still has a high level of anxiety? Now I'm convinced my scary symptoms aren't anxiety cuz the meds haven't worked completely...

0 likes, 18 replies

Report / Delete

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes! I was on 10mg of citalopram and it started to work as I was seeing gaps in the anxiety but on the fifth week I was very anxious again with lots of physical symptoms I went back to gp and she increased my dose to 20 mg which I started 4 days ago so still feeling anxious and at times I think will I ever feel normal again 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Stop taking the meds its pretty obvious they are not going to work and they are just a bandaid fix anyway.. You probably saw gaps in the anxiety because you let it be . Can i ask you what thoughts makes you anxious. I was in your position and at the beginning it was very hard to imagine getting better. Just remember they are just thoughts that are fused in your brain. Don't try and find answers why or how they get into your mind. I have had Cbt and act therapy it really is worthwhile
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Emma....I've no problem turning off head chatter if and when it starts my problem is the physical symptoms, racing heart, extremely sore muscles, choking sensation to name a few....unfortunately I wasn't able to have cbt as the  waiting list was to long so I went myself and practiced mindfullness which I find great......I tried exercises etc for the pain and it helps a little but as soon as I stop it begins again and standard pain relief doesn't work so that was the reason I decided to give citalopram a try....I started on 10mg and it did start to ease tge symptoms after 4 weeks but my gp thought I'd benefit from 20mg to hopefully eliminate them all for a white then taper back down.......I'd love to no what symptoms u suffered and how u overcame them 😀 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

HI,I just started taking Citalopram for anxiety.I had very severe physical simptoms palpitations, nausea,unable to relax ,I lost weight too.Now I am very stressed because since I started cit. I have no appetite and I feel sick.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I take 10 mg I am on day 4. I tried a treatment with Seroxat ,I was very sick I had to stop them.I lost weight I couldn't eat normal since I am more anxious stressed and depressed.I can't sleep at night I am tinking all the time maybe in not anxiety maybe I have something else. I can't believe that anxiety make me feel so ill .Fatigue,lost appetite feel weak nausea palpitation fast heart rate.I went to emergency dep.3 times convinced that I am going to die.Docs said i nothing wrong with me,should take treatment for anxiety.I went back to gp and e gave me CITALOPRAM plus sleeping tablets.All I can do is to wait and hope cit will work for me and I  will be normal again
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's a horrible place to be but I also had times when I had no appetite and couldn't sleep I started on 10mg and after 4 weeks they did help but it wasn't enough I'm now on 20mg and still struggling but like u I hope they help over time.....it's unbelievable that anxiety can make us feel like this but unfortunately it does ❤️
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I would ask to up your dosage if u feel it is not working or try a different tablet, what are u on?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Aniexty is treatable disease. Many tablets like zolpidem, zopiclone come to treat anxiety disorder. These are best tablets in UK. Always take under proper guidence of doctor.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

please don't stop taking prescribed medicine, cold turkey. That is not good advice. Even if you don't think the medicine is working. Keep taking it and return to the GP and inform them that you are still feel the anxiety. They may, then increase your dosage, or try you on something else. You may need more than just medication to assist in your health issues.  Ask your GP what your options are. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up