Anxiety ever since my panic attack.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey everybody, every since 5 days ago I've been experiencing this' .

Chest tightness feeling of pressure.

Pain that comes and goe .

Depression feeling.

I have no feelings.

Tingly sensations.

I'm worried because of this chest tight ness and pain.

Its nothing severe, just a scary feelin .

I'm light headed and dizzy as well.

I'm on anxiety meds but it isn't working.

It is called hydroxdine or something like that

Has anyone else ever had these symotoms with anxiety

I fear it's heart trouble

I even set up a appointment with a cardiologist.

I'm only 18.

I'm a male 5'11 and I weigh 231. Yes I'm overweight.

I haven't been wanting to east much either

1 like, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Definitely consider getting to a therapist or doctor about this anxiety/depression. Hopefully you can nip it in the bud early!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Dave.. your symptoms sound like a result and a response to stress....however, well done for making an appointment to have it checked...do you have to pay for your treatment ( or are you here in the U.K. ? ) either way, it will put your mind at rest ,I am sure.....stress can cAuse a multitude of reactions...I suffered from almost crippling panic attacks for years...one day I realized that I could no longer recall the reason for the initial panic.....I was by then...having a panic attack....about.....having a panic attack. I realised that nothing had ever happened to me...I never passed out....or was sick..so they gradually began to go...I have not had one for over forty years....you will be okay young man, make sure that you tell the doctor all of your fears, I am certain, that they will be able to allay them....I wish you good luck, and send you big warm hugs young man....regards...Deirdre xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi again dave, ..write a list of every symptom you have..

The frequency of the attacks....such as daily ?

The duration of the symptoms...

The degree of the pain and breathing problems

The trigger ...if there is one. ..

The length of time until you are able to function...( after it has PASSED ) e.g. 30 minutes...

And of course, just how much it impacts on you every single day, if it makes you afraid to go out......makes you feel sick constantly,.....breaking out in cold sweats...

And poor sleep and and muddled thinking....

I wish you so well young man, try not to worry too much, and get plenty of rest....Sincere regards to you.....Deirdre..xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I feel the tightness in my chest a lot.

When I stand it seems to get worse.

When I lay it's better.

Which is weird because when I had my panic attack I was standing up.

I have back pain during the attack.

Pain that comes and goes in the chest.

Light headed and dizziness.

I don't have much of a appetite.

And I'm actually looking the trCk of time.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi again, I have just realized.....you could make a copy of your post to show the doctor....that explains it perfectly...he will certainly understand the severity of your symptoms......good luck young man...Deirdre...xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

So you still think its anxiety?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Dave, how long is it until your appointment with the cardiologist ? ...you will be in the best hands, and you will be certain that when he examines you, being an expert....he will not miss anything.... that should real l put your mind at rest young man....Sincere regards ...Deirdre xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Dave, I hope that you are feeling more relaxed today.....Try not to worry about your appt tomorrow....I am sure that all is well....your cardiologist is the expert, and IF there was anything wrong, you will be good hands, ....

Try and have a relatively relaxing day, and a good night's sleep then you will need find for your exams...I send you big warm....Sincere........cuddly wishes and hugs.....take care of YOURSELF...Deirdre xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up