Anxiety feeling in the morning, on wakening

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there, I am new to this forum, I have been on Fluxotine now for 6 weeks, but still I wake up with overwhelming anxiety, I have cut myself off from family and friends, I am off sick as the anxiety is so overwhelming, just want this feeling to go away.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have my review this week with my GP, I am hoping that a further couple of weeks will be better.
  • Posted

Hi ,just stopped taking Prozac.Feel much better  now .dont know if it is a good thing to take.x
  • Posted

Hi Denise, it takes time for fluoxentine to work. Give it a few more weeks. what dose are u on ? How's your sleep quality ?

• Posted

Hi Peter, thank you for your kind reply, I am on 40mg daily, it's takes me a long to time to get to sleep and I wake up early, then the anxiety feeling starts all,over again.

• Posted

Hi Denise, sleep quality does affect your recovery speed.

Besides fluox, I took quetiapine and clonazepam to gain some deep sleep. Have you told your doc you have sleep problems ?

May be he can give u some meds for better sleep. It took me 8 months to get back to normal . I am still on floux but no more on other meds.

Try mindfulness mediation as well I think it helps to get my body and mind more connected.

We all survived the worst time - feeling isolated, disconnected, body and mind in total chaos. It takes time. I am sure you will be better very soon. Keep praying

Peter

• Posted

Hi Denise,hope you are feeling better.i took Prozac 20 mg per day and initially it worked ok.have just stopped taking it and feel  a lot better now.still collecting my perceptions though just in case the depression comes back.the worst the I found when taking Prozac I was hyper and if I had alcohol it just went off the scale.it was like I had no inhibitions at all!loud and shouty and could no recall it next day.think they are probably a good short term fix just to lift you up . But when you feel ok stop.

Regards David x

• Posted

HI there, hopefully i can give you some encouragement!!!

I also woke with overwhelming anxiety in the early weeks of prozac. At week 6 is started to diminish, so hopefully that is happening for you now, but it did take more weeks for it to disappear completely. I do not have the morning anxiety anymore. However, I am also at a very low dose (10mg) and plan to increase, so i will experience this again.

I just want to say that you are on a relatively high dose, 40mg, in which you are bound to experience much worse side effects (like the overwhelming anxiety in the morning) than if you were on the lower dose. The bright side of this is though, as they soon begin to fade (for some people at 10 weeks) you will feel much much better than if you were on a low dose. 

i also really feel for, cutting yourself from family and friends. I am exactly the same and it is just a terrible feeling to feel so disconnected, I am sorry that you are suffering. However, as I have reached week 14 on the 10mg, I have found myself more capable of reaching out to friends and family. 

No i am not back to my normal self, and no i cant hang out with my friends whenever i want, only in rare moments when i start to feel more normal, but i am a lot more functional than before i started Prozac. However, I have faith that with an increase, this will change and things will only get better. I also have faith that as you pass more weeks, around week 10 or so you will find the morning anxiety gone and, around 12 weeks, you may start feeling like your old self. 

Please keep in touch and update how it goes smile it helps to have support on the site! (it also helped me a lot to have a large calendar where i crossed off days and weeks as i passed them and got to where i am today. Good luck xx

• Posted

This is exactly how I feel too and I stopped taking after only 8 days, 20mg. . The side effects of anxiety and dread and panic and sweating and worry and crying I can’t take it. I won’t take any benzos either as I took them for far too long for the years and had terrible withdrawal coming off. Don’t want to go through that ever again. Cutting myself off from everyone is awful. I feel your pain. Everything is sad. This isn’t working for me so I had to stop. The reason I began is because of my high anxiety in the first place. Chest pain every day. The mornings are the worst! I’m hoping to feel some relief soon. I’m on day 3 of no more. I hope you begin to feel better. My heart goes out to anyone who has to go through this. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.