Anxiety, feeling like its the end?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've posted a few blogs on here over the last couple of months, I have had some trouble with chest pains etc, Recently i took myself to hospital because i was at my wits end. I still have some tests coming up but the chest pain has definitely got worse and i feel like i am going to die, i get very emotional i keep looking around thinking i must sort things out around the house incase something happens to me, or how i may miss future plans etc. I feel so low and can't shake these feelings. My doctor keeps telling me its nothing serious but something definitely feels wrong. Has anyone else had these feelings about death or does anyone have any suggestions.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kerry, indeed yes I very much know what your going through. When my anxiety is high, very often I will be hit with extreme health anxiety, I am currently going through such a time too. Every ache or pain is magnified, pain appears which we fixate on which makes everything so much worse. All I can say is that when your core anxiety lessens so too will this hellish symptom. Talking in therapy can help a lot,hang in there
    • Posted

Thank you for replying. I feel mad really. I just find it very hard to reason with myself, I try to calm myself down and tell myself I wouldnt necessarily know I was dying but the pain is so intense currently I've convinced myself its something serious and I don't have long left. I think talking would definitely help, even these forums are a massive help being able to express feelings and get support without people judging. I do hope it is just anxiety playing with my mind, thank you for your help
    • Posted

its hard to take comfort, but when the medical profession tell us we're ok - then really we are ok. thats not to say the feelings arent real, they absolutly are, but the source of them is anxiety - anxiety can take us right to the edge, and give us incredible pain - it really can do these things. try not to judge ureself, and try to focus on the root of the anxiety rather than the health worries. its not at all easy i know
  • Posted

It is easy to get worked up over phantom pain such as chest pain which is caused through worry.  The mind can do this a lot so beware of it when it happens.  all or nothing thinking about pain can cause you no end of worries.

Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.