Anxiety Flouxitine four weeks an two days in

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone am new here an Just a bit of advice plz , been on Flouxitine for just over four weeks was feeling a bit better now i have got a bad head cold an feel like Iv gone back to day one with the anxiety how long till this passes anyone xxx

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jayne. I'm the exact same as you, thought I was getting better but now feeling like I'm back to square one again. I've been reading other peoples stories and some say that it can take up to 8 weeks to feel full benefit. When I was on it before I felt better within weeks but taking longer than last time. We will both have to hang in there and hope it starts to help! Have you ever thought about going to counselling as well?? I'm going to ask my doctor about it tomorrow x

• Posted

Hi Lucy thank you for the real it's nice to no your not on your own , not that I would wish this on anyone , am on a waiting list for counselling , could be up to four months waiting haha , we will get there in the end lovely x

• Posted

Yes this is all too familiar 16 weeks on Flouextine and I still get the odd days feeling like it, but it doesn't effect me like it used to so hang in there usually by week 8, 9 & 10 things get better

• Posted

Thank you Woo3353 luv the name hahaha , can't wait till the three months in glad your feeling better it is a very slow progress isn't it x

• Posted

It can be slow but try not to make anticipations when you will feel better take every day as it comes. I also found self hypnotherapy brilliant, I down loaded an app and listen to it everynight, usually I fall asleep half way through with ear phones in but I understand you sub conscious can still take it in even asleep. It does get better it takes time even now I have blip / wobble days but I work through them. Keep talking on here they are a good bunch of people and it helps
  • Posted

Hi

I could have written your email! I feel the same. 4 weeks & a few days in, felt amazing on Saturday & Sunday, had loads of energy & felt really positive. Monday was good, worked hard, was motivated.

Despite having horrid cold. But today (Tuesday), I feels like day 1!

Took my kids to school then went to my mums & slept til 12pm, have headache, feel scared, anxious & just bleurgh.

So frustrating as I thought I was turning a corner.

I've sat around all day, can't face working, my head is too "spinny"

Wonder if we'll better tomorrow.....? Hope you're ok x

• Posted

Sorry to your having a bad day to , I think coz were run down with cold an flu symptoms were feeling pritty rotting anyway , everyone saying give it time we have done four weeks plus we can carry on , hope we feel better tomorrow xx
    • Posted

You too Jayne. Let's check in tomorrow & see what the day brings.

I can't wait to go to bed & start a fresh day.

X

• Posted

Same thing happened to me but I didn't do my research before seeing my doctor and he upped my dose. Now I'm dealing with the increased anxiety of the upped dose. This time I'm going to wait 8 weeks before chaning my dose. I didn't realize it could take that long to see the benefits. Hang in there!

• Posted

That's what I have heard don't change your dose give it at least 8 to 12 weeks so am sticking with 20 mg , hope your feeling better soon x

• Posted

Hi there,

Had been taking Fluoxetine 20mg for 7 weeks and started to feel better but due to stress of new job went to 40mg and it's now day 6. It's been a tough time. Negative thoughts, crying, yawning all the time and wanting to sleep. Have no energy to do anything and can't eat. I had taken fluoxetine before and stopped for a few years at a time. This time this has hit me badly and I don't know if it's because I'm in my 30's now, but it's scary. I do find that my period is so very irregular and at that time it can get worst. I hope my anxiety and depression starts to calm down soon. In the past fluoxetine has worked for me. Fingers crossed for you guys as well.

• Posted

I have read that a lot of people get much worse side effects when starting fluoxetine the second time around.. It's weird but i've read so many people say that! It will settle down for you soon <3

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.