Anxiety for the last two months

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 17 years old and have just started exsperincing anxiety, I have been having numbness in my left arm , hard time breathing  and catching my breath, over thinking everything , thinking of the worst thing that could possibly happen , feeling dizzy and sometimes nauseous. It’s been really scary and I can’t focus nor get anything done . I haven’t told my parenst what I’ve been feeling like because I’m scared they are going to over react. But I need help and don’t know what to do. I just want to feel normal again . Because it’s everyday that I feel like this now. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ask to go to your doctor.  If you can, wait until you're 18 years old, so you don't need parental consent.  See if you can take Zoloft or Sertraline (the generic medicine for Zoloft) which helps with anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, obsessive compulsive disorder, depression, post traumatic stress disorder.

• Posted

I would like to add that if a medication doesnt agree with you to stop.Even tho they help some people,you really have to be aware and stop.I tried setraline yrs ago and I felt horrible and depressed,Some antidepressant drugs can cause the  heart to react badly too!!!
  • Posted

Hey love , I think you should talk to your parents about your feelings. When I first experience anxiety I felt exactly the same way. Didn't felt like myself for months. I have help and always at the doctor or ER and i hardly get through it some days. So I recommend you to look for help. Your still very young and anxiety just gets worse over time, so you need to treat it now and be strong for yourself. Don't struggle this alone hun. Talk to your parent and go to your doctor love. I hope everything goes well with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.