Anxiety getting but....

Posted , 2 users are following.

I still have these moments where all of a sudden I feel shortness of breath. Then I can barely talk because I feel like it's taking too much air. Then I feel like I'm gonna stop breathing. I hate it so much. Anybody else get that?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yup I feel that alot..especially when I'm engross in a conversation..but those things don't worry me as much as the chest discomforts I get..soreness and cramp feeling at the centre of my chest..I'm trying to attribute it to anxiety but Ito really hard and I get worried because of it..then the whole cycle starts again..sigh..I really wanna get rid of the anxious thoughts about my heart and all..right now I'm having my period and my body just feels very achy and bloated. .which is quite normal but because of anxiety it feels like as if something is gonna happen to me and I'm sick and can die anytime..sigh..how to do you believe it's anxiety and not your health?
    • Posted

Periods are actually known to make anxiety 2x worse, it makes mine worse. I know it's anxiety because it goes away whenever I stop thinking about it and relax. Then when I worry about it and overthink it, it comes back. I always know when it's anxiety because my head starts to have this vibrating feeling(weird I know). Then I tell myself oh okay, relax. Just your normal anxiety. I just hate feeling like I can't breathe or that I'm gonna stop breathing. Very scary feeling for me. Had since I was 14.
    • Posted

Since you'very been having it since 14 I guess you can take comfort in the experiences that it's all anxiety. .I mean if it's health problem you would already be in a very bad shape by now..so relax and try not to think about your breathing..just get busy and start doing something to clear your mind on the anxious thoughts..I woke up with anxiety today..and trying to stop the racing thoughts of heart attack and dying..
    • Posted

Yeah. I know what you mean. It's really hard to stop the thoughts sometimes though. They can be so loud.. I've been doing really good with my anxiety but today I had a little set back
    • Posted

I guess it normal to have have set backs..me too having a set back today..I was doing Okey for this whole week..
    • Posted

Mine always happen at night too. Sometimes when I try to sleep I wake up gasping for air or my body twitches really bad when I start to relax. I was just falling asleep actually but then I woke up freaking out again. It's so exhausting
    • Posted

Ya it's like sleeping is not relaxing anymore..in fact sleep makes me anxious at times..not just at night. .I will wake with palpitation and dizziness everything I take afternoon nap..I'm trying to break the cycle..if I sleep in the night I will wake up with soreness in my chest..
    • Posted

Hey do you get tightness of chest/soreness feeling in at centre of chest randomly without being anxious?
    • Posted

Yes. Happens a lot. It's still anxiety. Sometimes it feels like I just have anxiety in my chest without having any other symptom or actual anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.