Anxiety Getting Out Of Control

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Everyone

It Started 8 Months ago when my nan died of lung cancer then 2 months later my grandad died then 4 months after that a family friend died of cancer now my anxiety as got worst everthing thing i get i think i have cancer for example, i have a lump in my neck you cant see it only feel it when you push in my neck its a round lump feels like a bone and when i move my neck right it moves right and left it moves left but im convinced its cancer even tho doctor said its part of my spince but ive been feeling family necks and i cant seem to find theres so now im more anxius, also i was on slimming world diet im struggling to get to my half stone ward, usually if i eat junk i gain but now sudden im struggling to keep a pound on, i start 10stone 10lb got down to 10stone 5lb and all this week i aint eaten nothing good and ive stayed 10stone 5lb :S why havent i got bigger than that so now im convinced it cause of cancer so now im scared to loose weight so my slimming world is out the window i want to go doctors but i dont want them saying oh god its her again what can i do as this is going out of control now i cant even think properly i just wanna curl in to a ball who new living with anxiety was so hard and stresfull, i dont no if the weight thing is due to worrie hint why not gaining anything please help!!!

2 likes, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cassie.  It sounds like you might have health anxiety due to your recent experiences.  If I were you I would go back to your doctors this week and explain about your anxiety to see if you can get some help to get it under control.  It is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about but it is best to deal with it now rather than let it spiral out of control any further.  And yes weight loss I would say is definitely anxiety related. Good luck x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you ele i think i will im due to start councilling at my local hospice where my nan died as want get me life back on track on stop feeling like this...i get feeling better then all sudden ill get back ache or saink and im back to worring..and every time i feel behind my neck i feel the ball and bang anxiety kicks back in...doc reconse it normal but no one i no has it so thats where the worrie comes from its like a ball feeling in back of my neck rock hard cant see it only no its there if push in back of my neck when i move my head right moves right and moves left when turn left im trying see if anyone else has it that noes what it is..ive googled which really didnt help as can imagine x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, I agree with the other posts, it sounds like health anxiety, probably caused by the deaths in your family. If you've seen your Dr and had this lump checked out, and they say it's fine, you should try not to worry. Maybe see your GP about the health anxiety and they can treat you for it/advise you on different therapies. 

It seems like you're trying to lose weight with slimming world and are succeeding, which is good. But weight loss is also a sign of anxiety. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Amy I agree.. Health issues in combination with family illness grieving food diet issues thes all in combination can all take a toll on anyone emotionally. Sometime I have become so overwhelmed that I could not even function.

Take one thing at a time .. Tell UR doc how stress UR.. 

Has anyone suggested a councelor to guide u thro the stages going in in UR life..

that's where I always turned when life became overwhelming.

Good Luckbiggrin

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

See if gland im worried of hodgkin cancer or lympthoma as it rock solid bone feeling and i aint got infection or nothing...yes i will gp docs and get some advice on anxiety thank you x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Cassie,

Not to worry!  Your doctor is reassuring you that what you have is normal. I, too have a lump in my neck. A few years ago I was going to have an MRI done on it which the doctor reluctantly agreed to...but then I changed my mind and decided to 'wait and see'. He had said that we all have lymph nodes in our necks, some more prominent than others and when we have sinusitis or a cold for example. they may puff up a bit but they just sit there basically doing no harm. It is several years later. The lymph node is still there, still the same size and I am fine...and so are you. 

I think that when we are alone too much and not busy enough...we tend to turn our focus inwards...on ourselves. If you are out and about, doing for others, volunteering if you are not working, going for long walks, maybe listening to your favourite music on your iPod while you walk which is what I do and is a great stress buster, taking a course (in retirement I am learning Italian), meeeting for a coffee with friends, baking for a friend or neighbour, joining an exercise class, swimming, doing Tai Chi, learning to prepare healthier meals, getting involved at your church or community centre etc....you will have NO TIME to think about your lymph node.

At the end of a day, you want to be tired and feel as though you have accomplished something. In your own way I am sure you have a lot to offer and this will alleviate your stress.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

See your doctor.  It is probably nothing, but at least you will alleviate the worrying.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Cassie,

The lump could be a number of things . I would like to suggest that u see a doc. Find out what the lump is. If it moves around as u describe it could be a fatty tumor harmless. I get them occasionally. 

It's better to know what the lump is .. It's the not knowing that is driving UR anxiety up.

check in with UR doc ASAP.. It will be a relief for u to find the answer.. UR have a lot od good intentions. Take one thing at a time and be kind to urself.

Calming healing hugs sent UR way

{{hugs}}

HOPE

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello hope4cure

I went to my doctors when first felt it he said it was nothing to worry about it was part of my spine..my family reckon its the bone that connects spine to skull but for me i only ever fear the worst and its makin me loose weight from so much worrieing which is makeing me worry more but i will go back to docs today thank you

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Couldnt get app today got ring tomorrow smile email few therapy places aswell..as the lump aint got bigger it same size as when noticed it but i think i need therapy i got funeral tomorrow after noon so hopefully after this one i can move on and tty work on getting back on track 

I really appreciate everyone commenting x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Cassie, have a look at 'Positive Steps' it's a mental health service. There should be one in your local area if you live in the UK. They provide free one-to-one and group sessions for anxiety, depression, etc (they are the organisation that provide CBT at my GP surgery) but you can book courses/sessions online on their website without GP input. Might be quicker than waiting for therapy through your GP as often they have long waiting lists! 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i have the same problem ... mine started in jan when i found a lump in my breast the doctors told me its my bone but its never been that big before so i didnt believe them now i have the same lump in my kneck same as yours moves about when i move my head yet the doctors again have dismissed it i also have pains in my breasts and tummy and really bad headaches its got so bad i just dont know what todo the doctors just wont give me scans or nothing so i dont believe a word they say its ruining my day to day activities its ruining my marriage. i have been told i have health anxiety yet i dont believe that. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey sarah87807

Email me _____ 

im going to be starting therapy and councilling soon aswell so i could guide you living with anxiety is horrible so i no how you feel x

Patient Moderator Note: I have removed an e-mail address from this reply as it is the policy of patient.info to not publish these within the forums. If any user is interested in this removed information they should contact the author via the Private Messaging system requesting such. Thank you for your cooperation.

patient.info/forums/discuss/private-messages-226361

Patient Moderator Reminds: You provide / exchange personal information at your own risk.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up