Anxiety getting worse and worse...

Posted , 6 users are following.

i keep thinking I'm getting better, then I have a bad day.  The past 3 days have been exhausting.  I can't sit still. I'm shaking so much I can't do my therapy colouring books, I can't sleep, I can't leave my bed.  I'm on a lot of medication, 150mg of sertraline, 30mg of mirtazipine, 40mg of propranolol and 2,g of diazepam 3 times a day.  Nothing works.  I can't for the life of me calm down.  Everything going through my head is about how much of a disappointment and worthless person I have become.  I don't know what to do. 

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you feel so rough!!  Do you really need to take all that medication?  it does seem an awful lot.  I think a slightly higher dose of diazepam would certainly help.xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lauren,Anxiety is horrid.I know as I have had this since childhood! And I am 59 soon! OK it sounds as though your on a lot of meds.Have you tried rescue remedy? It's very good.Have you tried reflexology? How old are you? Your not worthless.say to yourself Please anxiety leave me alone,I am better than you!! Could therapy books are great! At night put a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow. Listen to some CDs on relaxation. Good luck.regards Amanda
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Lauren I've been exactly the same I wake up at 4am agitated and anxious taking sertraline and Valium nothing calmed me down.Yesterday doc changed me back to citalapram and Valium morn and dinner and a week of sleeping tablets to see if that helps
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Listen to amxiety guru podcast. Its helpful and entertaining. Maybe youll hear something that can better help ypu.  Hve you asked the pharmacist if your medicines can do this to you? You are on a lot of medicines and propranol could be effecting you. Just ask
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey luv I'm the same its doing my head in totally had enough of it all, I'm on my 4th bad day :-( I can't carry on this way :-( so luv u are not on ur own x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi hun, I feel for you but you are better than your anxiety. I'm on propranolol 3 times a day now and it's like my body has become immune to them I didn't get to sleep last night because I couldn't calm down but I know that it's just a bad day and that it will pass. Just like everything else that happens in your life the good and the bad pass with time. And you know it will get better again because this started 3 days ago and before that you were better so you'll be ok again. I know it's hard and always easier said that done and is not something that you can just snap out off. Just know that whatever you do today is enough even if you don't leave your bed, you've done as much as you feel you could today and that's enough, take things easy and I wish you the best of luck, I know what it's like because I've been there and some days go back there but youll regain control and be stronger for it in the long run. Stay strong and stay positive smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I was just the same. Life crippling anxiety - and its usually triggered off by something traumatic, whether you realize it or not at the time. I had a whiplash injury, and that triggered of the worst bout of anxiety, lasting several months that I have ever had. How ever much valium I took it didnt help. I also had TMJ which is a horrible thing where your'e jaw cracks and pops when you move it, so I became scared of eating.  I was helped by mental health professionals and also had other treatments which worked, and I never thought they would. I get a bit anxious at times, but nothing like before.

You should tell youre doctor - whoever is prescribing all youre medications that they are not helping.  Your body gets into a state where it is producing much too much adrenalin, and that causes the anxiety, and that is what needs to somehow be stopped.  It can stop. I never thought it would, but it did. Please ask for more help than you are getting.

Take Care.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up