Anxiety has gotten worse !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am gutted ! It was only last week I started another discussion saying how great i had been feeling and now I feel like I am back at square one. My heart is pounding all the time, I feel down, it's hard for me to get a proper breath ... has anyone ever experienced feeling good on sertraline and then all of a sudden getting kicked back down. I am on week 8, 100mg

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have had that,happen. They upped my dose to 20mg for a few weeks and now I'm at 30mg.

You still need to work on the mental side of anxiety using CBT.

I hope you have also taken Caffeine and other stimulants like sugar out of your diet.

Exercise helps a great deal.

You are not starting over it is always a process it seems like 3 steps forward then 2 back. But you are still ahead!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Diane! I was worried that I was going to have to up my dose to get back on track.

I am on a waiting list for CBT but got to wait 3 months but in mean time I am doing a online course for it

• Posted

Hi misssunshine,

Yes, I can relate. I have only been on Sertraline for a month, but I felt that I had maybe 5 good days out of the whole month, then for a solid week, absolutley no escaping the anxiety. It was and is prette devastating because you think... yes, finally the medicine is working and then BAM back to square one. 

I agree with diane - 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. My sister has been on Sertraline for 13 years for severe anxiety and panic disorder and she still has a bad day every now and then. 

Do you have any other antianxiety meds? I just started Klonopin on Friday, and I am so thankful to have that medicine. You can take it when you are feeling extreme anxiety and it gives your body a calming effect. Although I do not want to be on medicine that could be habit forming, I need relief right now, and this medicine does just what I need. 

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way again. We are here for you. 

• Posted

Hi! Thanks for replying, I think that's what bothered me the most is the fact I was feeling great last week and now back to square 1 at the moment I feel worse than I did before starting the tablets.

I have considering asking my doctor for something to take the edge off when feeling like this but then I have heard they can be super addictive ? What dosage of sertraline are you on ??

• Posted

I take one 5mg Clonaxepam every morning. It seems to last 24 hours in my system. My therapist says it is less addicting because it is longer lasting and you end up taking less, than things like Ativan or Xanax.

Right now I feel human and almost normal so I will worry about withdrawal if and when that time comes.

• Posted

Having an anxiety disorder is like you are always walking along a crooked road with valleys and peaks. Hang in there and know this can only mean some good times are ahead. Boy does it teach you gratitude thiugh right? You get to embrace and enjoy the good times as a gift. That part is great and imortant to hold onto during the messed up times. I cant help with the medicine part if this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.