Anxiety help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've had anxiety problems now for a few months. Just wondering does anyone struggle when an attack comes on and thinkin that your hearing is going to go!? It makes my anxiety so much worse as I am deaf in one ear as it is. I'm not on any medication for anxiety. Does anyone have any tips on how to distract myself when I feel an attack coming on ? Thanks 😊

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I feel like I'm under water and everything around me if muffed out, hearing, sight, racing thoughts, dizzy and a general blocked out feeling sad awful. Best wishes. See ur dr coz even a chat can help x
    • Posted

Ya everything sounds miffed out that's the word I was looking for! Such horrible feelings to have to cope with! I will have to see my doc thanks for reply 😊
  • Posted

Hi kelley sorry to hear your struggling, I'm having dufficulty too, I find that excercise can help, talking to someone close that you can confide in and talk your worries through with as I find that can ease it as you can get there perspective on things, also keeping busy and doing things you enjoy and not to let yourself dwell on the negatives as once that start the anxiety just comes rolling in, I know it's all easier said than done and beleive me I know, my anxiety has been ridicolous this year.

I hope this helps, as for te hearing, I'm sure it's nothing bit maybe get a hearing test to calm your worries on give them a good clean out as sometimes it's due to wax build up.Β 

• Posted

Hi jenny. Ya I need to try to distract myself more. I'm new to this and finding it very hard to cope. It's all In the head so it's tough. Thanks for reply 😊
  • Posted

Yes see your doctor. Try see if they can give you meds, to help with your anxiety. Β For the first 2 months I wasn't on anything. It was super tuff strugle. After I was put on a low dose, and in no time I can feel I was, getting better. It's been almost 6 months.Β 
  • Posted

I have the same symptoms. I take meds thou. My dizziness and blurred vision is awful.. but the more you worry the worse it gets.. try to relax and breath thru it. Listen to some calming music. Xx
  • Posted

I take fluoxetine but at week 4 I'm still stuggleing but not as bad. I don't feel I worry at all it just happens to me And takes over. I'm heavly pregnant too.Β 
  • Posted

Does this loss of hearing feeling also make you feel like you're going into your own 'bubble?. Because I get both. If I start to feel like this I immediately go outside and walk around in the fresh air
    • Posted

Ya weeasy it does! It's a horrible feeling but I'm glad I'm not the only one. When I feel an attack cumin on it first starts off with a pressure in my head and then I start to panic and make it worse πŸ™ˆ
    • Posted

Amazing how many people suffer. Going outside works for me too but sometimes u can't just leave without looking crazy running away sad we all seem to feel the same. Hope it goes away!
    • Posted

I'm delighted I've joined this discussion group I've never even known you could talk to other people suffering. Family and friends are great but they don't seem to get it completely. Hopefully we can enjoy the Christmas panic freeπŸŽ… thanks again 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.