Anxiety hit me in the face as we entered 2015

Posted , 3 users are following.

It was horrible, as soon as we entered 2015 I felt sick, and I'm afraid of being sick. I was shaking and getting upset because everything which I do to help distract me from anxiety wasn't working, like listening to music, doing suduko etc. The nausea would come in and out - it would be really strong for a while then it would be a bit weaker, but I had horrible butterflies and knew if I went to the toilet it wouldn't be a nice experience. All this lasted a good few hours til exhaustion hit. Now after last night I'm scared of eating and I just want to get away from here (I'm a university student at home for Christmas, so I'm currently surrounded by family, which I know I should be grateful for but I hate explaining to them, the pity and just being trapped and just with people).

Hope everyone had a better New Years!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hope this settle for you when you return to Uni, have you seen a doctor about how you feel.
  • Posted

I too woke up with that rotten electrified feeling. Im smoking and I know its adding to my angst. Have you tried outside hospitalization? You go from 9-3 for a number of weeks and there are psychiatrists that can observe you. Most cities have these. My whole social life has been diminshed to sitting at the counter and smoking. Leaving the house takes yeoma effort. Takes forever to get dressed and get moving. Lay down a lot. Hope this is a better year but its starting as it ended
    • Posted

Yes I get up and smoke when I can't sleep. I noticed it makes me more anxious. Nicotine is a stimulant.

Ken that service you say most cities have is that UK?

• Posted

I know the feeling too well Amy those bloody butterflies. Horrible feeling and yes it sends me to the toilet too. Being at uni you should have access to a counsellor?

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.