Anxiety hitting me hard

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there

Today I saw the nurse regarding a small lump/bump that's sore on my vulva area, I was convinced it was vulva cancer as been having other symptoms but as soon as she saw the lump she just said its a follicle put some Sudo cream on it when you get home and keep it clean.

Well I've suffered nausea all day and a slight bit of worry that she has missed something and it isn't what she says it is.

Is this just my anxiety Or could it be true?

I'm literally so sad sitting here alone whilst friends are out, I can't go because I'm scared I'll be sick or I'll faint or something.

Can anyone relate or know what can help me x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

She did not miss a thing. Life lesson for you to stay far far away from Dr. Evil google. I think Dr. Google is best friend with the anxiety bully. Lol. I think after all this worry and turmoil you put yourself through you should go out a little bit, even for a quick bite or a treat. You need a change of scenary and you most likely are hungry. Most of us tend to be unable to eat much when we worry. It can be with a friend or a family member. Somehwere local and easy going. Sometimes thats enough to make the body feel a bit more upbeat and it will be pleased with the food it needs. You gave the anxiety lots of attention now you deserve some.
  • Posted

You poor girl Katy, I am not medically trained in any way but I am a gynae secretary & type reports & GP letters regarding all sorts of patient problems & I do know that if any nurse or clinician had the slightest doubt that something looked sinister an appointment would be made as urgent within 10days & you would have been told to expect an appointment through, as you weren't given any such instructions I am sure the problem is just as you were told. I know from personal experience how worry can cripple our minds sweetheart, if I were you I would see the Gp & ask him to go through the results with you, he will have a letter or report regarding your visit over this problem on computer. Do as you were instructed & try to put it out of your mind until you see the Gp. I am sure it is what you were told but believe me I do understand your fears, I'm just the same at times.

God bless.

• Posted

The Dr told me I didn't need to go back and it would go in its time. I'm ghost googling r so much. I feel ill today and completely run down from worry, I'm exhausted x

• Posted

Then please trust what the Dr said Katy, don't google anymore its just feeding your anxiety & encouraging your fears. I have a strong tendency to be just as you are at the moment & a good friend gave me a book to read, I was skeptical at first but couldn't put it down & it helped me so much, I still pick it up when fears creep up on me. Its just an idea but it may help. Please have some faith in the Doctor & allow this problem to heal sweetheart & maybe read that book. Its called The Power of Now. Good Luck.

• Posted

I have not been through the type of anxiety you are going through, all I can say is that the nurse has proably been trained and worked upwards to 4 years in college and has made a life around doctoring people, she knows what she is doing. I hope that gives you some security. I know it is not easy just try to not live your life around worrying. I personally when i start to worry about life and everything that comes with it, I watch YouTube put on something that is funny that makes me happy to distract me. Remember you are not alone and you will be just fine. Live life to the fullest, it is yours to rule and do with as you please.
  • Posted

I had the same thing and it went away. I agree with everyone here. If there was cause for concern she wouldn't have said you were ok. It's on the surface so I am sure she has seen it many times. Googling will cause more anxiety. You had it looked at so you have to try to tell yourself you are OK. Everything I Google says cancer. When I had my bump I googled it and vulvar cancer came up. I didn't even know it existed! Please don't Google symptoms. Google health anxiety instead. It helps me so it may help you too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.