Anxiety how to deal with it !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Alright I've just been told about a week ago I have anxiety and I keep getting a pain in my left and right sides of my chest numbing in my arms light headed and tight chest like something is stuck in my throat... Has anyone else got the same thing as me if so how can I stop it I just don't no and I told the doctor I want to do it with out tablets... I've had an ecg so and my heart and lung and what ever it checks are all fine but I can't convince myself of this !!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Learn mindfullness training. Mindful breathing. Proper breathing is vital to people with anxiety and get an audiobook on cbt. Anxiety cbt for dummies is actually fantastic in my opinion. Learn yoga, and how to mediatate it teaches you to self calm through breathing. Remove loaded sugary or caffienated substances from your diet. Thats where you start.
    • Posted

Hi cal......Every symptom you listed I have suffered for the last 7 years or more.

It is anxiety and it is a nightmare, but one which you can control.

Someone said on here:-

"You control your mind, your mind dosen't control you".

And I try and tell myself that when I feel anxious.

Take care

John

• Posted

Cheers for that pal I just can't seem to control it at all atm
    • Posted

Do you have any tablets or do you try to beat it on your own ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.