Anxiety- I feel like i'm going to die, but don't know what from

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

So for about 4 weeks i have randomly started to think that i'm going to die?

It started off thinking that i was going to die before my boyfriends birthday. I wasn't eating, i was shaking, i couldn't sleep. Before bed i would always think, what if i don't wake up? What if i have that disease where people die in their sleep? What if i have a heart attack? But in the day i would just be scared of the future, not of the present. I think, what if i die in a car crash and then i won't be able to see my boyfriend again, or what if a blade of a lawn mower hits me in a freak accident then i won't be able to have kids or get married.

His birthday has passed and i still haven't died, but why do i keep thinking that i'm going to die?

I have adrenaline running through me every single day, i'm exhausted feeling this way. I don't have an appetite, no sex drive, anxious for no reason.

I'm completly healthy, i'm young (17), my family is great, i have a loving relationship with my boyfriend.

I just don't know why i'm soo scared that i'm going to die in the future?

Please respond to this, because it's freaking me out and i'm so stressed out

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marisa! I know it's not easy, but the best thing you can do in this situation is realize that you are not going to die anytime soon! You're young, healthy, and have your whole life in front of you! I'm 19, so we're the same age basically. We all face hardships in our lives, but we get over them and grow stronger from them. You're going to get past this feeling of an impending doom. You will live a long, happy, fun life!! Just please don't think you are going to die anytime soon, because you're not!! Name 5 things that you are able to do in your life right now that make you happy, than go and do them! Go do things like watch funny movies, go outside in the sun, go for a jog, go to the pool, lay in the sun with your headphones in. Just relax and enjoy yourself, even though it may be hard. Stress is the thing that would kill you before anything else. It's hard on the body, you need to try to get rid of it. I believe in you! I know you can do it, I been in a similar position as you, and it gets better!😃
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the reassurance!

All i can think about is my pwn mortality and it's so frightening

I was hesitant to actually write on one of these forums, but i'm glad i did

I'll try my best to do as much as i can to make myself feel alive again!

• Posted

You're very welcome Marisa! Seriously tho, as hard as it may be, try your best to put those negative thoughts off to the side! These forums can really help sometimes. I've had people reply to my questions and concerns, and they made me feel so much better about myself😊 Go out there and enjoy yourself, that's what we're here for! Live your life, no exceptions!
    • Posted

It has calmed my worries a little bit.

I always read through them trying to reassure myself that i'm not predicitng my death and it is infact anxiety but it just doesn't i needed someone to actually tell me!

So thank you for your response smile

• Posted

Hey there! I am also 17 years old. Everyday for the past 3 years I have woken up thinking I am going to die today but it has never happened. This fear has made me house bound because I am to scared to be outside. You can fight this, you dont want to lose your life to this fear. You are  not alone in this smile x
    • Posted

Thank you so much for the reply!

It's so mentally exhausting thinking this way!

Thank you again!

I hope you also overcome your fear!

• Posted

This has been happening to me for 7 years now you are not alone
    • Posted

It's a comforting feeling that there are people out there that feel the exact same!
  • Posted

Dear marisa,

When i was about your age I had something similar, i thought i had something terribly wrong with me and i lost weight with worrying, the worry brought on a sinus infection and then i thought i had something like a brain tumour or something, whether it's our hormones at such an age heightens things i dont know, some of us are prone to worrying! I did get over the worry, i am now 52 and menopausal and the worry has returned again, no doubt due to my hormones! You will get past this stage believe me, so you can enjoy your teenage years and beyond, try not to worry about it, you aren't alone xx

• Posted

I do have a genetic history of anxiety, OCD, bipolar, depression and yes, schizophrenia.

I forgot to add it in there with the description, but yes i'm very prone too worrying haha it's scary

Thank you for the reassurance smile

• Posted

Dear marisa

Yes some of us are prone to it, when i was younger I also had abit of ocd, i think alot of people do, some manage to control it and some don't so well, i have plodded through life but i will always be a worrier and have good and bad moments, i will just say dont ever bottle things up and try to always talk about your fears etc it does help and dont beat yourself up about it because there are alot of people with these issues xx

• Posted

Hi pinkcat fairy

im 53 and menapausal I suffer from anxiety and depression but this time it was different it wasnt until i asked for a blood test for menapause i understand why my symptons were tenfold i had an impending sense of doom and the palpataions have been worse i cried every day for three months even my doctor said she felt sorry for me anxiety stress depression and the menapause

• Posted

Dear Sue

Snap! Yes, it really helps to come on here and hear of other people suffering the same because sometimes menopause can.make you feel quite isolated x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.