Anxiety in clubs! Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey! This may seem like a really small problem, bu I really need help.... So, I don't know if this happens where you are, but where I live people start to go to clubs around the age of 15, I'm 16 now and I went to clubs 2 times. In the first time that I went, I had a panic attack. The second time that I went (to the same club) I stayed outside most of the time, and now I have this friend's birthday on saturday, ant it's on the same club and I'm getting really anxious. Sometimes people invite me to go, and I just say no most of the times, but this time I decided to say yes, and I don't know if it was the greatest decision. I really need some advice to not be so anxious in this situations (if that's possible)!

Thank you,

Marta

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Social anxiety? Are you on any medication like antidepressents? They help sometimes.
    • Posted

I've never been to the doctor becuase of my anxiety, so no, I'm not on medication
    • Posted

High anxiety usually needs the medication.
    • Posted

yeah i know, i just hadn't had the courage to go to the doctor yet, but thank you for your advice!
  • Posted

Maybe you did not really want to go in the first place you are 16 clubs can be overwhelming, loud and kids that age are a bit cliquet and obnoxious and flirty..maybe yoga would be a lot more comforting to you.
    • Posted

I don't want to go, but unfortunely it's what everyone does at my age, and I just don't want to miss out on my friend's birthdays because I don't like where it is sad Thanks for the advice!
  • Posted

Everyone is a little nervous to try something new at first. Honestly, 16 seems way to young to be going to a club. It is an environment where most people get anxious- loud music, flashing lights, people everywhere.

If you do end up going just focus on your breathing and repeating positive words to yourself. Being anxious is nothing bad, everybody is anxious in new environments... you just have to overcome it and remember- it won't last forever.

• Posted

I ended up going and I had a panic attack and had to leave early sad At least my friends were really supportive and they waited outside with me for my dad to arrive and pick me up! I'm sorry that I'm only replying now, I just saw the notification! Thank you for your advice, hopefully one day I can go to this environments without feeling this anxious! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.