Anxiety is a b!$@&!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just moved back to MI and my anxiety didn't seem so bad. I have been dealing with anxiety off and on my while life now that I think about it.. It was pretty bad with panic attacks for about a year then it got better. Now it's back.. Its different now, It's more feeling dizzy, light headed, weird vision problems (blurry vision, eye floaters), I ended up having what doctors said was labrynithitis. Apparently it's gone but since I had it the dizziness was horrible. Unfortunately my anxiety is back and it's more depersonalization and derealization. I've been having these current symptoms.

Lack of enegry

Fatiuge

Dizziness

Upset stomach

Feeling out of touch with reality

Depersonalization

Derealization

Vision is off (goes in and out blurry)

Eye floaters

Weird feelings at night

When I take naps, sometimes in the mornings, and when I rub my eyes they get blurry for a while.

Various different symptoms. Anyone have any one have any advice for me?

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I have the same symptoms i feel like there's even a gap in my chest. It's so hard to sleep. I tried doing meditation and just started with it again. Hopefully, that will help. Try yoga as well. It will help breathing techniques. We will all be fine.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Firstly are you taking any medication like antidepressants? as blurry eyes are a common side effect. Mine water first thing in the morning and are often itchy and blurry. Simple eye drops from any chemist will help with that.

the other symptoms you mention are common in depression and anxiety. The depersonalisation and derealisation I can relate to. I felt exactly the same and had most of the other symptoms you mention .

May I suggest a visit to your GP, who will probably suggest taking some form of antidepressant, in my case citralapam . They may take a couple of weeks before you notice any difference, in some cases up to four or five weeks. Depending on how you respond your GP will monitor you and may either increase or decrease the dosage.

the blurry and runny eyes bothered me so I went for an eye test and the optician asked about my medication and said it was a common problem and recommended eye drops. You don't need a prescription and can buy them over the counter. The other symptoms I'm sure will disappear once the medication starts to work

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Eye floaters are very common and not likely caused by the anxiety..although they tend to caus anxiety.I have had them for years.At first they totally freaked me out as I didnt know what they were.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm not taking any antidepressants. My anxiety is pretty crazy though.

Some nights, like tonight I get super tired like I've ran a marathon. It kind of freaks me out. It could be because I did move far away from my mom. I just wish I could make my anxiety better. Its such a bummer all the time.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sound like intense anxiety. I will say you need to drink lots of water as well...it will help the eyes. I dont kmow your age but if you are young and strong  the gym will help a lot. A good workout daily will boost your circulation and will calm the body and use up some wasted energy. I had viral labrynthitis and not going to lie it changed my life. It actually messed with my optic nerve in one eye and caused some other weird things, most cleared up,iver time.Two other of my friends had the same virus and ones fine and the other is a bit messed up too. Its probably a smart idea to get opthamologist m.d exam on your eyes. The optic nerve thing showed itself a few years after the symptoms began. Floaters are just part of life, doubt that is anything related. All you can do mow is manage the anxiety levels with cbt and belly breathing and wait for ot to calm you a bit. It does wax and wane. Before you choose, if you choose medicines to help you absolutely please get a full eye exam. SSRI s come with a warning interms of the eyes if you have eye issues, as do benzos so a complete exam should be the first thing you do. Sometimes eye issues manifest from dry eyes as well. So an exam is needed. You want to help yourself learn cbt and belly breathing so you have the knowledge to manually calm yourself a bit. Definetly workout daily and get an opthamologist exam.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up