Anxiety is back? :-(

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all

I thought I've been doing pretty good recently, I haven't had any bad episodes since my heart monitor which showed normal sinus rythym.

BUT today our local vicar (42) did his service and while walking to his car suddenly collapsed and died!!

This has brought my anxiety back!! Now I find myself googling why a healthy 42 year old what eat right and exercised should suddenly just collapse and die!!

How can go on knowing that could happen to me! :-(

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh no! That's a very traumatic thing to happen to somebody close to you. How long was your anxiety gone before it started up again? Are you doing any treatment?
    • Posted

Only about a month. Had a 6 day heart monitor

inhave terrible missed beats and palpitations and flutters but was doing well at ignoring them and trying to live my live but after this I can't stop thinking its goi to happen to me now :-( back to square one!! If it can happen to him and he was healthy it could happen to me :-( 

• Posted

Oh no that is awful that is so young. A few months ago this happened to a man where my partner works, he walked out of work to the car park and collapsed and died of a heart attack. That started of my own anxiety again. I spoke to my doctor about sudden heart attacks, and was told when a person dies of heart atttack at a young age it is usually down to an undetected heart condition, very high cholesterol, high blood pressure. My heart goes out to your vicars family.
  • Posted

I know so horrible. I don't know if he had any of what you said,but he did cycle a lot for charity so I'd presume he would have had his heart checked? Now I'm thinking have they missed anything with me,? Like are all the tests I've had actually mean. Itching :-(
  • Posted

i sympathise what a shock, oh dear it always happens to those who least need these things in life.  i am like you, absolutely obsessed with worrying that i shall die of a heart attack, had all flutters like you, all i can say is relax right down by anything just anything that helps you ie. music , fresh air, talking, wathcing fun TV until it all is back on a level in proportions, but i like you need constant reassurance - if GP has checked thats all ok then...............
  • Posted

Hi, Poor you !! What a shock for you. Ok Have you got any close Friends with  whom you can trust? Have you tried reflexology or aromatherapy.? Both good for stress & anxiety issues. I listen to calming cd s last thing at night.Get along to your health food shop.They have lots of things to help us through. Regards Amanda 
  • Posted

Wow you actually got rid of what so many of us are trying to do, yet trajedy of the worst kind hits your life and so does Mr i am going to reak you out disease.You know my friend I also was fit as they come work out was always eating healthy intill the day i was sitting at a golf course having my lunch 2 guys tied to car jack me they beat me till they had no air left in them. I don't know how I got away but that was 2002 and it was the beginning of my bad health. I am always afraid the most now when people just walk by me so I can relate to your fears. I worked at a cemetery for over a year and they trained us to believe that death was a celebration of one's life. So as a counselor there i talked to so many people who lost love one's and those who wanted to plan there arrival here the last stop. I use to cry and shake sometimes when it was the children that came in.I sure hope you can find what ever gave you that strengthbefore to beat the silent few us who cry under our breath. Eric K
  • Posted

Hi,just read your post.

I am going through exactly what you are going through right now.

I heard of a news of young guy passed away of heart attack at 32.

Ever since then i cant stop thinking it could be me.

Sigh,i feel fed up already with this thoughts.

I have had it for almost 6 mths now.

I have a young son i need to be around for and this thoughts of dying just messed up my life alot.

I cried alot and just kept on questioning why this thoughts cant escape my head at all.

On top of that everyone in my house is taking over my son and make it sound like im not important to him and that makes me feel worst.

My husband understands but i cant expect him to feel what im feeling especially the physical aspect of anxiety.

Good news is im shifting to my new home soon as now its under renovation.

I cant help but to worry what if i die,what if my son grows up without me..what will happen do without me.

All this things are funny if you think about cause im 23 and healthy.

No high blood pressure or anything.

Got 2 ecgs got all clear from docs.

Both docs advise me on anxiety as they feel thats the main problem for me.

I just hate the physical symptoms of it.

So i completely understanda your plight.

Even now im feeling the symptoms..like my chest feels tight anf d my left side just feeling sharp pains..

• Posted

Hi First of all Anxiety isn't pleasant, but we all need to just take a day at a time.you will not die.There is loads of help out there.Have you tried rescue remedy? It's great,also have you tried Reflexology or Aromatherapy? Both good for stress.I listen to relaxation CD's last thing at night. colour therapy books are good for long nights.Have you got a close friend who you can trust? This makes a good sounding board.Take good care regards Amanda.P's only think positive thoughts! Tell your negative thoughts to leave you alone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.