Anxiety is back

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI everyone:

I hope your all well.  I was doing well and now its back.  Some of you know I've had dizziness now for 9 months and I've been working on that with a vestibular therapist and I started the exercises last week, where i have to look at a certain thing on the wall while sitting and move my head up and down and then side to side, and since starting the dizziness has gotten a bit worse, in researching it seems sometimes this will happen, so I try not to let it get to me, because the dizziness much worse with anxiety.  I have also had to up my thyroid meds by .25 mcg in the past week and not sure if this could be causing anxiety.  But I've also been becoming worried about my husband in the past 2 days, as he has complained about his head hurting for 2 days, now this morning he has told me he has lost 5 pounds in the past week, and for no apparent reason.  He has had what he thinks is sinus congestion and says he has felt like eating, but I have to tell you, as soon as he told me about the weight, I could immediately feel it coming on, my vision in my left eye got weird, then as I was driving to work, which can give me anxiety because of the traffic and this dizzy stuff, I could feel it worsiening and I was thinking to myself, don't worry he is ok, don't worry could be the sinus thing, thats when I realized it was real anxiety.  So I came here to talk instead of trying to handle it alone.  This health anxiety stuff doesn't ever really go away, does it?  I get scared as soon as I hear about the possibility of sickness.   

I also had what i'm guessing was a bad anxiety attack saturday, I had to go to another funeral, and I took a 1/2 a xanax before as I could feel the anxiety coming on.  Well once I got there and sat down, I felt off balance and that finally settled, but when going in for the reception, I noticed getting food, my hands were shaking and felt like I was going to pass out and I wanted to get out, but I didn't.  I felt weird but I stayed.  I've noticed lately that when I'm going in where there are alot of people, I get anxious.  I never felt this way before.  No anxiety around people.  But now i'm noticing this more and more.  But I continue to go out.

All the symptoms are back, dizziness, headache, neck tension, head pressure, shaking feeling inside, vision off, worry 

It seems I'm coming full circle, anxiety is back like before, dizziness causes it, sickness causes it, thyroid causes it.  But I have to keep trying to be ok.  I tell myself don't worry about the things that have not happened, but thats hard as most of you know.  So here I am, talking to you about it, so I don't keep it inside.  I'm very thankful I can come here and have others who understand.

Thank you

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you really dizzy? Do you sometimes get up and go really dizzy like you might faint? I get this
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi John

My dizziness is a feeling of rocking and swaying, my ENT says its from my ears, but I call it dizziness.  I have it almost 24/7.  But my anxiety makes it worse.

Have you had yours checked, it could be your blood pressure dropping when you stand up.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am so sorry - because i think Iknow how you feel, for the most part. Your dizziness sounds like vertigo (rocking and swaying). I have had it about the time when my anxiety started to escalate. Various doctors suggested it was related to various things but noone provided clear proof and some prescribed various dizziness and vertigo medication. I kept on feeling it was connected to the tension and instead of starting medication (which i tried and just felt like i was weighed down) i went for a medical massage, on a hunch. 3 visits. A large handed woman squeezed the life out of every single knot in my back, neck and as far as she could go under the base of my scull. I cried. She worked the shoulders and the rest of the body as well. Prior to this i had visited a chiropractor for a realignement (having taken him an x-ray of my spine). After the massage sessions i felt sick and even vomited once. Once each session was done, I had mild fever and generally felt a little under the weather for 3 days. Then, on the 4th day following my last massage i woke up feeling better than ever. The diziness disappearedand i felt absolutely refreshed and much calmer. My anxiety symptoms withdrew slowly over the course of that year (i was undergoing therapy with antidepressants to treat my anxiety). I am convinced that most of my symptoms were plain tension and blocked flow around my spine as well as backlog in my lymph nodes. If it helps any. All the best.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I understand struggle all the time im on pregabaline larazapam and zopliclone tryed all sorts bk at drs tomorrow note seems to work im on hrt patches as well xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up