Anxiety is back

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just needed a place to reach out tt. I haven't went through severe in years and about 2 months ago it returned. Been to Er probably every weekend. No desire to really leave the house or do anything. Always feel sick anxious noone really understands in my house. I wish it would just go away so I could get back to normal. Just feeling overwhelmed

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

It's so hard when you feel isolated, either physicaly isolated in one's home or emotionally isolated from those around you. The outside world can feel really scary too, not sure when and if something will happen that will trigger more anxiety

Did something happen that triggered the anxiety? 

• Posted

Not sure one specific thing. And I think unless you go through it its hard to understand..I always think something's wrong with me...in just trying to fight it hard this time..thanks for responding its my first time on here

• Posted

It's my first time on here, too smile

I TOTALLY agree - it is really hard when other people around you haven't been through it. People are like, "just get over it", "don't think about it.", "stop worrying", "it'll be fine." Like, if I could just stop worrying, don't you think I would have done that already?! And, at least for me, that brings on feelings of guilt and shame or, kind of like what you're saying, feeling like there's something wrong with me for feeling that way. It's really, really hard. 

• Posted

Sending you strength

Each day will get easier I promise

Set yourself small goals

Talk to us we understand x

• Posted

You are abslolutely right....if someone hasn't been here they can NOT understand, including medical people unless anxiety is there field or they havs had a great deal of experience with patients with anxiety problems. I was a counselor for 43 years and never had the faintest idea until it hit me...hard.

When I finally went to urgent care I thought I was going to die, go insane or have a stroke.(I now know those kind of thoughts are common with anxiety.) I was fortunate to get the right doctor who recognized where I was and prescribed a med that changed my life at that point. Within a week I was thinking clearly enough to help myself. In doing so, I found this forum where I learned what my problem was and many ways to help myself.

Everyone on this forum has been where you are; we all understand. Even if for a short time, I suggest you first get on some medication that will calm you enough that you can think clearly. You will be alright....actually, you are already alright, but just don't know it yet.wink

Think about my suggestion, and let us know how you are doing. There are many wonderful people here who are rooting for you, as we root for each other. Take care, Tammy

• Posted

If at some time in the past,we have had anxiety, the nasty bugger will usally come back when we least expect it. And if we let it go on long enough, it soon blows into full blown panic attacks. Did you get on a antipressant? Hope so. Don't fight this alone, not worth it. Once you get on the right meds, you will be fine again.

• Posted

Have you spoken to a therpaist yet? A cbt counselor? It can all get very overwhelming at times but the more you learn about it, and get some good coping skills under your belt the easier it is to fight it. You will get a new normal. 
    • Posted

Ive. been looking around for one now who accepts my insurance.. Hopefully soon.
  • Posted

As rosemary says talk to us I found this forum by chance and its the best thing that has happened as you say quite rightly unless you have been through it nobody understands its a living nightmare at times i have gone through it on and off for years my last bad one was 22 years ago and I had a really bad one this time I went through a period of three months crying every single day really bad palps and pains in my body and the strong feeling of doom. Ive have been back on medication since the beginning of may and starting cbt sessions I started to feel normal again until this thurs and now my mood is quite low I havent worked out the trigger factor yet but I am going to fight it.I come on here reguarlly one because I find a lot of support and two If I can help anyone else and support them I feel I am giving something back and the one thing we all need is understanding and support from those going through this. you can talk to me anytime my love and I know every one else on here will say the same, keep stong 
  • Posted

I remember when I first experienced anxiety disorder. I felt frightened and alone, didn't know what was happening to me and felt sure I had some awful physical life threatening illness. Worse still no one understood. There was that "Pull yourself together " attitude that made me feel worse and ashamed.

I got through  that and recovered and swore I would never be in that "dark" place again.

Needless to say my anxiety disorder came back, slowly, insiduously and I was back to square one. AD has a habit of doing that. Striking when you least expect it. But the difference this time was I had the tools to fight it.

The first thing you have to do is accept that you will not find an answer at the ER. The answer lies within yourself. You have to find the determination not to let the symptoms crush you into feeling helpless and apathetic.

You have anxiety disorder. Plain and simple.  If you read about the subject, arm yourself with as much knowledge about your illness as you can, then you can begin to help yourself.

This site will be invaluable. Everyone will rush to help, to reassure you. We are your support system. We all help each other when help is needed. All we have to do is reach out to each other. We will all help you!

• Posted

Yes I see that. Everyone is so nice. I hear pull it together all the time...if I could I would..and after not dealing with it for so long and starting all over again is horrible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.