Anxiety is getting so bad!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I've never used this before or told anyone about my anxiety as in the past I have been able to hide it well, however recently it's getting so bad to the point its making me vomit, I don't want to go to work and constantly go home saying I feel unwell when I do stay in work I literally go home at the end of the day and get in bed although I don't fall asleep till about 3am each night. Work is becoming a nightmare to the point where the minute I wake up I just cry at the thought of going In! I'm constantly tired although I can't sleep... to be honest I think I need a little break from work to get myself together, has anybody else felt this way and can offer any advice over what to do would be really appreciated?

0 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

You can't solve this on your own - you need to talk to your doctor. I have vomitting through anxiety and I have a lot of help. Make up your mind to go, Clare, and talk it through. You will be glad you did.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Your administrators should regard your health concerns as confidential. Not that anxiety is anything to be ashamed of: all of us contributing to this website admit to it and I reckon it's the first step. If you think a break from work would help, try to organise that first. If you can't take leave, ask your GP to sign you off.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks, I've never felt this bad with my anxiety I haven't ate since Thursday morning and I didn't get 1 minutes sleep last night worrying about work on Monday morning... think I may go to the gp and just ask him to sign me off but I feel like I'll be giving up!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What exactly is so bad about work on Monday? Is there something different about next Monday? Can you do something about it? Stop worrying, and work something out, a strategy, or just define the difficulty so you can sort it. At the moment you're stuck in a rut - just worrying. Do you have a Human Resources manager to talk to at work? you can't just carry on torturing yourself. You've got to do something about the problem. We all get them from time to time and it's very hard to work it out alone. We all need help.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi clare I've just read your post and feel exactly the same about work my anxiety is horrible in work I've got the weekend off and all ready dreading Monday, I have to say my heart goes out to you when you say you come home and go straight to bed. For me i can't seem to pinpoint my reasons for dreading work so much except for maybe I find it hard hiding my anxiety and worrying that I'm not doing my job properly. I would go and talk to your gp though work stress is pretty common and he would sign you off if that's what you want/need maybe he could give you some medication that might help for the time being maybe just a short tearm solution as you have managed your anxiety up until now.Also maybe try and get some perspective on what exactly is going on with work that is making it so distressing for me suspecteIanxiety and if I can find a way of dealing with it. I'll have to finish here as adverts getting in the way of texting. Take care
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Awww look after yourself, it will get better, there is a really good book that might help called self help for your nerves by Dr Clair weeks, you can get it from Amazon, I'm allways recommending it but I've seen a few more people saying the same on this forum,its a short book but really gets to the point and explains and clears up a lot of bewilderments surrounding anxiety, she's really compassionate in the way she writes. Good luck hun x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

yes i was like that before i had my breakdown, which basically is anxiety and life too much but will be ok with rest and just taking care of yourself, dont push to omucy and see GP for guidance.  its normal just your body telling to slow down or change something.  all the best
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up