Anxiety is getting the better of me 😔

Posted , 4 users are following.

I woke up an hour ago feeling like I was gonna throw up - mouth filled with water but nothing happened...this is a new thing 4 me...I now have bellyache - a mixture of nausea & hunger??

My anxiety symptoms are mainly upper body related - constant headache, neck/back stiffness/ache, derealisation, tingly hands & fingers, ringing ears (sometimes)... This of course leads me to tell myself I have brain tumour, an aneurysm, I'm about to die or have a seizure...

I don't take meds after a horrific experience with nortriptyline & sertraline but currently on week 3 of a 12 week cbt course...

Anybody experience the same or similar...trying to stop myself getting in the car & driving to a&e...

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi jade sorry your also suffering from anxiety ive been dealing with chronic headaches for years and stiff neck ect mines from neck problems confirmed by mri on the neck im also dealing with derealization it suck hey, I find the headache and neck makes my derealization worse do you? Try not to think its more than anxiety cause it almost certainly is 8-)
    • Posted

Hi allison,

That's half the problem - no matter how much I tell myself it's anxiety, my stupid brain thinks different making me feel worse...I just can't understand how something like anxiety can make me feel the way I do - surely there should be an underlying illness to fee this crappy all the time?!

• Posted

I still get moments when i cant believe or accept anxiety can cause all these strange symptoms the derealization is the hardest for me to accept it feels like ive got brain damage its so full on a symptom but it is all anxiety ive had so many blood tests and scans ect ect but they never find anything abnormal

Right now I feel like im short of breath im watching TV and i cant breath probably its messed up i dont feel that Anxious but again its just my anxiety. The chronic headaches make life even worse dealing with any type of chronic pain wears you out and gets you down if its not one thing its another.

• Posted

I have the exact same symptoms omg , I hate it so much , ugh , I'm going through horror with these head sensations and neck stiffness this has to be the worst feelings ever !!!
    • Posted

Me too - I constantly have this feeling in my head - then I get like sharp pains here & there, pain in my eyes here & there, aching at the back of my head...depending on the day is dependent where my head decides it wants to hurt! It's a living nightmare to be honest...all the other symptoms I can deal with x
    • Posted

Yes its horrible 😔, that's the same thing I go through ! The same exact thing
    • Posted

How do you cope with the head thing? Mine is like a constant feeling across my forehead (temple to temple) with fleeting eye pain (like eye strain) and achy face...that's sort of the only way I can explain it...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.