Anxiety is in overdrive

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 30 years old and I live in Jacksonville Florida I've had health anxiety really since I was was maybe 10 or 11 it started when I was a kid and heard about Brady cancer and I just knew I had it. skip ahead my anxiety did go away for a few years but came back at 16 and been with me since now I've found ways to cope with it like playing videos games I was on meds but the side effects were overwhelming but now with this virus going around I cant handle it im secretly dying inside and I dont want to tell my family because I've been doing so well with handling it without meds for almost 2 years now but I cant I just feel I'll catch it or my mom or boyfriend just someone who is near and dear to me I'm scared to leave my home to get groceries and now I cant stop burping and my throat burns idk if its acid reflux or what I find myself so obsessed with the symptoms that in my mind i have them I'm just ready for it to go away so i can be somewhat ok again

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

I can relate to how you are feeling. my health anxiety always revolves around cancer and I have diagnosed myself with numerous cancers. it becomes fixed in my brain and I become obsessed, I then google the cancer I think I have and convince myself I have them symptoms and that I am dying . it's so hard to speak to people about it because they just dont understand if they do not know what you are doing through. I've spoken to my husband about it and he thinks I am a console nutter. this whole virus situation definitely doesn't help the situation.

sorry I haven't really given any advice but i just wanted you to know you are not alone and if you ever want to speak by private message I am here

• Edited

I'm so glad you understand feels good to know I'm know I'm not alone

• Edited

you’re definitely not alone this virus has completely taken over my life as far as anxiety. I also have Gerd which is a form of acid reflux it is chosen now to act up also my sinuses And allergies have started to act and allergies have started to act up and thanks to anxiety I think the worst

• Posted

so i am the same as you with the repeating acid reflux and allergies to pollen and mold. so 2 days ago i decided to take benadryl for my sinuses. last night i took another two Benadryl. Today at work i was out of my skull with hyperactivity. the leg was going a mile a minute, chest was tight, hot and cold sweats, mind racing and heart pounding. i think i had a paradoxical reaction to the benadryl. i am on anti depressants and in rare cases, benadryl will react and form a compound that causes hyperness. benedryl also blocks dopamine receptors in your brain. so i had a hell of a day. i tried not to panic, i did not leave work, i got on the internet and researched my symptoms and came up with psychomotor hyperactivity. my therapist and wife are not buying it, but thats the only thing i have change in my routine was taking the benadryl. Anyway, i am curious if anyone else has had an experience like this?

• Edited

you’re definitely not alone this virus has completely taken over my life as far as anxiety. I also have Gerd which is a form of acid reflux it is chosen now to act up also my sinuses And allergies have started to act and allergies have started to act up and thanks to anxiety I think the worst

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.