Anxiety is making me loss my mind!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Last February i had my first panic attack, it was awful i thought i was dying and phone an ambulance, they came ovbiously told me thats what it was and after about half hour i managed to calm down. Then a few weeks later an another one ended up in the hospital this time because again was convinced i was going to die.. i felt like i was being being silly and using up space in the hospital that should be for something who maybe is really in trouble.. i feel silly so now i just have them to myself. But they are getting worse and worse, i cant keep a job down or leave the house some days . Its taken over mylife and i cant see any solution for it... or why it has even started happing to me before all this i was so out going never wanted to be in doors, really confident.. now i have no life because im scared all the time and i feel i cant carry on like this.... i just really don't know what to do anymore 😢

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Classic example of your mind telling you its time to get some help. See a dr,tell them everything. Meds or therapy or both will probably be your options. Meds can help short term,longer term therapy is then the better option
  • Posted

Hi your story rings so true to me too over the past 3 yrs I have lost my daughter who was severely disabled my hubby to a baron tumour my dad and also my sop. And his wife and grandkids emigrated to australia just before xmas. I was doing ok coping with what life had thrown at me and coping with living on my own for the first time in my life. Got thro xmas and new year spent it with my other daughter and wham two days I to new year panick attacks in hospital twice no heart problems so. Ow I on 1 x 2mgs Valium 3 times a day my usual anti depressants which I e been on for o er two years now and having weekly counselling sessions. I not the same person I was living o my nerves all the time now don't like being on my own and just feel lonely from time I wake up in the morn till I go to sleep at night just wish I could be given a pill and it would all go away as its so tiring living on a cocktail of drugs and anxiety and panic. Hope you improve soon so you can go back to being your old self x
    • Posted

Gosh Susan I really feel for you, that is a tremendous amount of grief and loss to deal with in a relatively short space of time. There is a link between bereavement and anxiety. Bereavement and loss are so unsettling and can turn your world upside down and create an avalanche of feelings. Perhaps you have coped to well and haven't allowed yourself to grieve and release all those feelings properly? Try and get involved with some local community stuff and meet new people if you can. You need a new support network. You can personally message me if you like. Sending you warm wishes. Fran
    • Posted

Dear Susan 

I am so sorry for your loss and grief.

Loneliness is a terrible thing.

I have been going to a CRUSE group which has been fabtastic and supportive is there one in your area?

I would recomment it as there are so many others who are going through the same thing and loneliness is their main issue.

I lost my mum in January , my brother before that ad my dad before that and this has left me bereft. It has triggered panic attacks, health worries intrusive thoughts of death and I , like you, have not wnated to be left alone.

Have not done well on anti-depressants as I felt so ill and so am not taking them.

I do wish you well and let me know how you get on.

Christine.

• Posted

Thankyou for your kind comments they were really helpful.have just returned from a mindfulness meditation session I go weekly and feel this helps with my breathing when I am anxious or panicky. Was talking to my sister and counsellor too today and openly admitted that I have lost my confidence during all this grief and upset I am now determined after taking so long to admit this to the people closest to me that I will get back to being the strong confident woman I was before all this happened. That is my goal from now on let's see if it works ok ha ha x
    • Posted

I am sure the mindfulness will be good I would like to go to yoga but so difficult when you work full time.

I retired from my job after 45 years and have always had to hide my problems which has made me feel like a fraud and it has been incredibly difficult.

Since retiring and starting a new job I have felt like  I am going mad and, due to a health problem it has triggered intrusive thoughts that have gone on day and night. 

I have struggled big time.

Keep going. Do not try to be a superwoman like I have always treid to be at my own cost now I am 62.

Stay in touch my thoughts are with you.

Keep talking to your family xxxxx

• Posted

Iv server anxiety with pnd its awful ! Mornings I'm a total wreck unable to do anything but fear. Dr has increased my meds and its really unsettled me greatly. I'm scared but I have to keep thinking I'll b OK soon for my children and a baby who's only 2months old

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.