Anxiety is really high can't eat

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have periods of bad anxiety, really bad. During this time my stomach is a nightmare

I just eat some chicken and rice which was quite a lot as I have been eating only smart portions it faired a huge anxiety attach which gives me back pain.

What can I eat that's light? While I am in a heightened state

1 like, 37 replies

Report / Delete

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Eat slowly. I like to eat a banana when my anxiety is rough
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had a major panic attack toDay and am fighting against losing it right now.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am on Celexa for about 6 weeks now and to help with anxiety I am allowed .5mg Ativan every 8 hours. I don't want to abuse it so I am following that, but days like today it was rough. The attack has passed but I am still shaky and anxious.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ask the pharmacist to show you nutrition drinks. Some have milk base. Some have soy base. It includes some nutrients that are not in vitamin pills. Some medicines may deplete nutrients. Ask the pharmacist about whole foods vitamins. Ask the pharmacist about food choices or see a dietician.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ask your doctor if on bad days you can take a third Atavan. If you are already taking one milligram a day, at some point when you come off it, you will need to taper off.  Another .5 won't make any difference at taper time. When I came off it, I was on 2.5mgs. a day. You need to be able to use what you need. It doesn't sound like you are likely  to abuse (taking when you don't need it, just to get the feeling). Good luck and be well.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You are on 1mg of atavan per day. A couple of years ago, for another reason, I was on 2. Check with your doc. about another .5 per day. It's ridiculous to suffer like that. I am on Clonidine patch now, starting at ,1 mg. Went up to .2, but it took .3 to do the trick. Clonidine, like atavan has to be tapered off when no longer needed. Not much difference tapering from ,1 or .3, just a little more time, and who knows how long I'll need it. Getting help now is important. Until we get the worst of the anxiety toned down with drug help, we can't respond to our problem with a clear head. I'm still experiencing all the stuff, but waaaaay less. Now I can think clearly about what other ways I can help myself. Check it out.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am working with emience pain because of the anxiety, I used to keep to my meds 100% but I cant carry on like this, I have a emergency appointment next week but I cant take anymore. 7am and my hearts pounding and I feel sick to my stomach.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up