Anxiety is ruining me

Posted , 8 users are following.

so i am 19 and i have suffered from generalized anxiety / health anxiety for 7 years. ever since , i havent lived a normal life. there never is a day where i dont feel anxious physically whether its lightheaded, fast/hard heartbeat , or ahortness of breath. sometimes lasting hours or days even weeks. not only that but t ranges. i feel l anxious 24/7 everyday all day and it ranges, some days better than others , some days worse than others and ive tried so much even meditation. i feel alone. i feel like everyone else gets panic attacks or anxiety here and there but mine is a daily battle. anyone else feel like this??all i want to do is cry sometimes. i want this to go away permanently and just be normal.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

me too girl. ill be 19 in march and was first diagnosed with anxiety, adhd & depression at the age of 7. i was put on an anxiety med (prozac) when i was 13.. ive been off prozac for a year and a bit now and its like learning to walk again. ive never had anxiety this bad. i was recently diagnosed with trauma & borderline personality disorder aswell. i have anxiety all hours of the day every single day.. it never goes away. i have anxiety attacks a few times a day... it gets so bad sometimes i dont leave the house . trust me .. u are not alone. i get anxiety attacks anytime i talk about ANYTHING negative .. i also have health anxiety and worry about myself physically.. a pain?? omg i have a disease. u know? its awful. i also suffer feeling .. not real.. this is also 24/7 .. its never ending and i honestly just wish i could have a break for atleast a day.. i couldnt imagine not having anxiety.. for the people that dont.. they r luckier than ever. u got this girl.. keep ur head up! feel free to msg me if ud like '

Report Reply
  • Posted

im 17 and i feel the same way 24/7. ive always had anxiety and health anxiyy but over the past 3 years, its gotten worse. i cant remember the last time i actualky felt good for once and was not light headed, anxious, in pain, short of breath and etc. anxiety is such a vicious cycle that is very unforgiving. i dont take meds but i feel like i should be on something. i just want to feel good again. i 100% understand what you are going through snd its certainly not easy. if you need anythjng, im always here to talk. wish you well !

Report Reply
    • Posted

thank you so much! maybe we should make a whatsapp groupchat! if youre interested send me a message! i hope you feel better , we are in this together because we understand eachother more than anyone does!

Report Reply
    • Posted

Did you set up the group chat? If so I'd be interested in joining as I to suffer daily with anxiety. It's so hard to try live a normal life whilst constantly panicking. I've suffered my whole life with anxiety but the past 3 years it's got out of control, mine is social anxiety so I panick going to new or different places. My life is pretty limited at the moment I hardly go anywhere and if I do it's never to far from home. Anxiety sucks!! I can't imagine a life without it but I'm hopeful one day I'll have it under control.

Leanne

Report Reply
  • Posted

i just wanna tell u that u are not alone...im also had anxiety( mostly my health). I too feel anxious 24/7 and its been 6 month after i cold turkey my anti depression. I thought i can handle it own my own without medication but the anxiety return because i drop my medication cold turkey not tapering lol. There not one day that im feeling free from anxiety, but so far i can feel that my anxiety more control a bit but still i think a about it 24/7 but just i can control the sensation with help of meditation, mindfulness and natural remedies that i take (ltheanine and magnisium). U should learn it because i found really good and i can relax a bit . Im also learn deep breathing and changing thought to more positive one by doing meditation. I started to change my diet to an healthy one. No sugar , no transfat , food with high fiber and vitamin d and serotonin . im still new to this but i willing to try it. We should create group, message me if u need to talk but i just want u to know that im not so good in english , i hope u understand what im trying to explain .

Report Reply
  • Posted

Try a dr prescribed anxiety med,prozac is an anti depressant not an anxiety med,it will give you back your life,only take as directed though. Good luck,I know its hard.

Report Reply
  • Posted

Try a dr prescribed anxiety med,prozac is an anti depressant not an anxiety med,it will give you back your life,only take as directed though. Good luck,I know its hard.

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New Discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.