anxiety is ruining my life?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So basically I'm 15, and suffer with anxiety. Although I haven't been officially diagnosed, I'm almost certain I suffer with GAD, Social phobia and Specific Phobia anxiety.

I feel sick everyday, nausea and stomach cramps are a normal part of my day. I feel out of breathe a lot, my heart offensive béats rapidly. I went to the doctor but I wasn't really satisfied with my appointment as she didn't really help me. Although she did put me on the waiting list for CBT. 

I'm terrified and although I've always been an anxious child, my anxiety has taken a turn for the worse and I'm starting to not leave the house anymore. I'm scared and worried. How can I cope and help with my anxiety symptoms? E.g stomach ache, nausea etc.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I would say ask your doctor for an appointment with a therapist, cby can be useful for some - but other therapies can be much better.  Self diagnosis is not such a good idea, so a therapist is a good idea. Gps are not qualified to diagnose mental health issues
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

What are you like socially at night do you stay in or meet friends at the local park or hang out or does the thought of that make you feel sick.

As for seeing a shrink I'm against it they never helped me personally I think you just need a big brother or big sister type person someone you can talk to 24/7 and who as gone through what you have gone through.

For me that person was my music teacher and although my anxiety was normal for a teen my depression wasn't so I can't exactly help with that since my anxiety only got bad in my 20s but as I said my depression is what crippled me in school an music helped keep me sane an also kept me from killing a few bullies.

I'm not saying it will help you nor am I saying talking to a teacher or even an older student will help since we are all different but I'd definitely try it before seeing a shrink.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi. Have you tried the nhs online CBT course 'fearfighter' - it's very good and helped me immeasurably as I could do it at my own leisure. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Leah,

I can imagine it can be a freightening time especailly at your age. I didnt really notice i suffered from it till 18 and at university. I would still encourage you to do things you enjoy if thats going for a run, reading, watching a film, playing an instrument. I found exercise and trying a better diet to help, i know everyone says that but i put my music in my ears and get on the bike and am in my own world and feel so much better after it. 

Try see your friends as much as you can, if you dont want to talk to them or your family the cbt sessions may help or go see a councellor. All I want to say is your not alone and I understand what your going through. 

If you need to chat were all here for you. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up