Anxiety is ruling my life , help

Posted , 2 users are following.

My Anxiety and depression have always gone hand In hand . One day I might feel more anxious than others and the other days I might feel more depressed . I hate to say that I feel like my anxiety and depression are certainly ruling my life . I have a fear that nothing will work out in my favor, I start questioning my own sanity and everything around me. External factors also don't make things easier . I question life , I question my relationship , I question myself , basically everything is a "what if" scenario . Recently I've found it hard to think long term . My goals seem so far away I never believe when people call me "pretty" . I can never seem to take any compliments seriously . It's like I constantly have that inner voice calling me nasty names ??I feel like I'll always feel this grey cloud over my head . My depression makes me feel like I'm a bad person to the people I love and care about . I feel like my thoughts convince me easily of things that aren't true . But mostly it targets my relationship idk what to do anymore , I just don't want to feel alone anymore ...??Any input would really be appreciated ??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Im am throwing you an huge air hug thru the internet. I can cery well hear your depression shining thru. Are you in therapy? You seriously need to be in therapy. Clinical depression can cast a huge cloudy shadow over everything making it rough to even tackle the whole anxiety range. Yes they can and do go together. I dont believe they always co exist some people have different reason for having anxiety in the first place. Your is evident here that they co exist. I do not feel you can fix all this by yourself nor should you have to. Are you being treated for this by a doctor? What is the plan here? 
    • Posted

I'm currently seeing a new therapist ! Last Wednesday was my first visit , but everyday seems to get harder and harder , almost to the point were nothing makes me happy anymore

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same way. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve happiness. I try to tell myself that life could be worse. Depression and anxiety are hard to deal with. Just know you are not alone.

• Posted

Thanks so much , it's very true depression makes me feel like I don't deserve happiness to , but we have to remember that we're worth so much more than our thoughts

• Posted

Exactly! Just because we think it, it doesn't mean it's true although our minds are powerful. I find myself comparing myself to other people. I am over weight so I struggle with self worth. I look at thin women and think they must be so happy and life must be so much easier.... Much more comfortable etc.... Then I get stressed which triggers my anxiety. Ugh! Life is tough.

• Posted

I'm so sorry that your feeling that way! . It's so hard to have a happy relationship with bad thoughts getting in the way of self love rolleyes

• Posted

It could be worse.... Right? I can see, walk, hear, I am not living in poverty, I have a good job, great kids etc..... I hope you can find happiness! We all deserve it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.