Anxiety is taking over my life! I know what's causing it bit can't stop it!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been suffering from anxiety more than ever. I think of my past and negative things I've done. It just goes on from there. I take meds but I think I need to see my doc because it is getting out of hand. I feel like if I could just stop the negative thoughts I could be well. My anxiety has a lot to do with a failed relationship but I want to get it out of my mind. When I'm not thinking about it, I'm fine. Once I think about it, I get anxiety attacks and can't breath. I loved this person very much and had somewhat accepted we may never be together. I made a huge mistake, I told him I loved him and if we could try once more and he was upset about it. He asked me not to discuss it but I told him I didn't want to regret not asking or at least I was thinking it. He has stopped talking to me. I was already suffering from anxiety but since this incident, I have small panic anxiety attack and wanting to be alone. I've even thought that if I had a heart attack and died it wouldn't be so bad. I regret things I've done in my life and am truly sorry but it seems to follow me. As if being truly sorry and remorseful means nothing! I'm rambling but I just needed to talk to someone. How can I let go of this man and thoughts? If anyone has experienced this, please, how did you get through it? There are so many things going on in my life but thoughts of my loses and ruling my life and anxiety is taking over. Would hypnosis help? I want to stop loving this man! Stop this anxiety! I used to love life!

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi justbeingme

You dont say how old you are - the reason I ask is that at different ages we deal with things differently.  You have to put a new thought process into your mind...one I could think of is........this happened for a reason as there is something more exciting and loverly waiting to come to me.  I have to believe and let it in.....any good ?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm 40 years old. I'm a woman who does not understand why I can't move past this! I'm in love with him and I don't want to be anymore. It's painful and the anxiety is hurting me from moving on with my life! I've tried talking myself into something better will come along or, I am better off because he couldn't see that I truly love him and am truly sorry. I've told myself so many things and it works for a moment then I'm back to feeling anxious and have anxiety panics. I feal so weak for not being able to move past this. I already suffered from some anxiety before all of this. Thanks Joyce...I'm trying to find my way. Don't know how to get there. Him coming back is not going to happen. I have accepted it but my heart is getting in the way and making me sick! I want my life back!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I really feel for you jusbeingme xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am so sorry you are feeling this hunny. You are suffering from all the classic symptoms of a broken heart and although it can feel overwhelming it WILL get better and you Will survive this! It is just a matter of time and I know from experience that deep inside you wil probably always love this man but it wont control your life anymore and you can move on. Yo have to try and take some comfort from the fact that you have been blessed to be able to feel this amount of love for someone...many, many people go through their whole life without experiencing this intensity of emotion for another human being and in many ways that is far worse...So, although it doesn't feel like it now and all you feel is deep pain and hurt, it WILL pass and one day you will look back and it will be OK! Bless you lovey..I hope you soon find peace, be strong! x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you! It's been three years of mourning him. It's how it feels...like he died. When will this end? I'm sorry all, I'm feeling so sad and broken. Felt this way for a while but now the anxiety has intensified and I don't want to find myself in the hospital. This can't be normal. I have all of you to talk to. To everyone else, I pretend I'm okay but I'm afraid soon I will not be able to hide it. Thanks Ish60! My heart is broken but I want to stop hurting for someone who does not love me or want me in their life. I've been strong my entire life! I have been through a lot but I managed to bounce back and let nothing hold me back or keep me down but this, it's ridiculous! My anxiety has gotten worse since we stop talking. How do people get over it! I need to get over it! Thanks for just allowing me to express how I'm feeling! XX
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Bless you hun, losing a love is like mourning and everyone deals with it differently, my own love took his own life 8 years ago and my anxiety is still raw, the pain has lessened but I will always miss him. I know this is not the same but in a way it is similar because my man too decided to leave me, just in a different way. I can only send you love and a big hug as I do not have a magic solution to this sad situation, all I do know is that life is precious and I hope you can find some peace and joy in yours. I would seriously consider talking to a councillor as this helped me a great deal, just to be able to talk about your feelings out loud without being judged is a good thing... take care. x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up