anxiety is there a difference between health anxiety and my intrusive thoughts

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies it is me and my intrusive thoughts again. I just want to know if there is a difference between me who is scared to death that i don't love my husband any more and some one who is scared that they are going to die of canser. my question is can anxiety target your bigest fear?  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nonnie,

i think when you're in that anxiety spiral you can worry about just about ANYTHING! I came to realise that when I'm like that I actually look for things to worry about. I find keeping busy really helps, if you're starting to get into a state go and do that job you've been putting off, you'll find that you'll forget. BTW my mum hated my dad during the menopause, she told me she couldn't stand the sight of him. twenty years later they've just celebrated 54 years of marriage and they're devoted to each other. You might want to try hypnotism, no, I'm not joking! I tried it for the pain I was suffering last year and it worked. I'm not saying that I didn't feel the pain, just that I focused on it less.    

• Posted

Yup and that can include having nothing to get anxious about so rack brain and then end up anxious that nothing to be anxious about so feel must have missed something.
  • Posted

Hi Noonie ,I've been married 48 years next March,my husband is rock solid,he knows how I am is all down from an illness I picked up ,and set all my troubles off,it's how it's been since virus. Normal until then.Its a strange thing how your mind is working regarding the cancer thoughts ,have you lost close family with it ,that can make you think as you are , your going through a bad time but it will come straight..

I think your trying to isolate yourself from husband ,all down to how your thinking ,all normal.thing is finding a way to breaking those thoughts ,I'd say try hypnotist .

Do you go out much? Or do you stay close to home ? Where you feel safest.

Menopause makes you behave ,and think in ways you'd never though possible,this I think is what's happening to you. My husbands always giving me a hug out of nowhere,that helps .youll look back when this stops and think what a roller coaster I went through,and it sure is .take each day as it comes ,deal in the day .menopause anxiety is the pit,and depression from what I've heard from ones who suffer that .

Good job we got this site .were all be fine just fine Noonie.

• Posted

Hi Nonnie,  I dont think there is any difference between your fear or someone who has the fear they are going to die of cancer, fear is fear.  I agree with Kerry that when we are in that hormonal/anxiety spiral we can always find something to worry or stress about when we normally wouldnt worry about those things.  Though some of our fears can be 
    • Posted

Sorry silly lappy again, I will learn one day...so some of our fears can be subconscious and have been bought to the surface through the hormonal roller coaster.  I know that when I was at my worst (well I hope what I went through was as bad as it will get) I had a fear of dying and leaving my hubby (we have only been married 4 years and he is the love of my life) and my kids, so with every symptom I got I made up my mind it was terminal, with working on my anxiety I found the reason why I was like that and have been alot better now with the health anxieties.  That was just one example of what I have put myself through and it did get better, took me about 10 months.  Was it a post from you that I read that you know you love your husband? I hope I read that right, so if I did, when you have these thoughts, focus on something completely different, think about something that makes you happy, try not to let that thought take over, or just reinforce to your mind that your thoughts are only from hormones and it will pass.  I am sure it will get better for you, this is just a peri phase.  Big hugs xx
  • Posted

You are not alone, this will pass I promise you.  These different stages we go through & the anxiety is in my opinion the worst .... Just try and remember what ever you are going through and whatever your thoughts ( intrusive ) NOTHING stays the same.  Anxiety has a huge affect on us and our over thinking makes it worse so try and change your thought to a more positive outlook and breath deeply.  Keep busy if you can & things will improve.  Sending big hugs lovely 💜💓xx
  • Posted

Hi Nonnie,

I understand your worries as at times I look at my husband and think, what the heck am I doing with this man! Believe me, he is an incredible person and I love him dearly. I've learned to accept that my feelings about him and a few other things may become irrational for a bit, much like when I used to have PMS.

Don't let those thoughts consume you, try hypnosis as Kerry mentioned or even CBT, but really those feelings are most likely hormonal driven anxiety, and they will pass. You are not alone, I know quite a few women who could have written your post. Hugs to you!

• Posted

Nonnie just read what Travis said ,again like me Anxiety for her and me ,we think is the worst .others will say depression,think our family gene pool ,plays out how it behaves.ive tried CBT 2 times done Zilch for me but may help you and others ,so try it ,I'd try anything out there as an individual.then feed back to others on site,how you found things for you Good ,Bad or Indifferent .its all good info,same goes for other things Vits and meds . Big hug xx 

Hi to Travis this afternoon and Kerry 

• Posted

Hi I'm new here and have found so many of these threads helpful; thank you all for sharing so much.

For me anxiety is the biggest problem and I too go through periods of doubting my 22 year marriage and am terrified of cancer. Having lost my Dad, mother in law and father in law to the disease plus several local mums it seems so common. I did have therapy to help years ago but it seems to have reared its head again.

I think peri is for me like a spotlight being shined on every worry or ailment and magnifying it.

I take lots of vitamin sup but wonder if there is something else 'natural' for the axiety, I already take some B vits and magnesium.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.