anxiety issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm in perimenopause and have been having anxiety issues. I'm wondering what anxiety issues others are having.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have health anxieties, and I'm literally scared to be alone.
    • Posted

God is ALWAYS with you so you're never alone but I hear what you're saying. Don't research stuff on the internet as that feeds into the anxiety and try and focus on things you enjoy. Go shop or do whatever gets your mind off of the negative. That will help.
    • Posted

Thank you so much. I stopped googling and researching. It really had me a wreck. I diagnosed myself with having some of everything. I will just leave it up to the docs for diagnosing. I've had several tests, scans you name it and they all come back normal but when these symptoms start I can't help but think the worse. I'm working through it but it's tough sometimes.
    • Posted

Yea, I always think the worst and my husband always asks me why do you always assume the worst, you're going to talk yourself into having it and I tell him that I just try and rule out the worst case scenario because after that, its a cake walk. Lol but yes, keep this in mind, because we have friends who are doctors, they are in their profession to make money...they get a cut off of every prescription their patients fill which is why sometimes they are so quick to write out scripts. Find a Dr who REALLY cares about you as a patient and not you as another dollar in their wallet. I know they are hard to find but they are out there. After all, you are putting your health in their hands.
    • Posted

I totally understand and have felt the same and reacted the same (too much Googling, then myriad of doctor visits and tests, all "normal").  You're not alone, just try to get support where you can and focus on the good days (easier said than done sometimes I know!).  I find that crosswords, puzzles, coloring, etc help take my mind off when it's really bad.  Xanax for when I can't seem to calm myself dowon naturally (I try not to take it too often though)
    • Posted

I have been trying to find distracting things to do also. I bought sone adult coloring books, downloaded jigsaw puzzles on my tablet and all sorts of things. I just try to relax as much as possible. I have meds for amoiety but have not take them yet. I've been trying to manage. I really don't want a while bunch of pills but if I find that I just can't cope, I'm going to take them.
    • Posted

It drives me nuts because balls my husband likes to watch on tv is news and suspense and I like the happy stuff like comedies. I try and tune that stuff out but no matter how much I tell him I don't want to hear it, he'll come in the kitchen and say did you hear about....really? Guys just don't get it I guess.
    • Posted

Haha...they really don't get it. I've stopped watching a lot of murder shows and suspense too. I dont need anything to make my moods any worse than they can be at times.
    • Posted

Yea, I hear ya. I've gotten puzzles, games on my tablet, shop on eBay, and plenty of stuff to keep my mind on the more positive things. It just shouldn't be this much of an effort though at times. 😞
  • Posted

always loved the oscar nominations but this time just cant handle them coz theyre so INTENSE and i find processing them a huge task.......watched room in bits and pieces

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.