Anxiety issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had anxiety issues but sometimes i go into phases where it gets worse and i feel like I am going to lose my mind. I know that if I go to a proffessional that I will be prescribed medication and I fear the meds will make it worse. Any tips on how to handle this naturally?

2 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Try not to take any anxiety medictation if at all possible. I suffered from generalized anxiety. I experienced panic attacks and physical symptoms. I though
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I thought I was losing my mind and that I would never get better. Today I am Totally anxiety free and you will Be Too. Try chamomile tea and deep breathing exercises. Spend time with love ones or friends that really carenjoyed and help you feel relaxed .
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The last sentence makes perfect sense. Sometimes i feel like I am all alone and the only one who suffers from this but when i hear other people go through this I dont feel totally lost.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello,

This is my first time posting on here. I consulted a doctor last week due to stomach acidity and loss of appetite. I asked if it could be due to stress that is work related, been feeling tired too. Blood tests were done and they were all normal. But I was diagnosed w anxiety attack too with my symptoms so I  prescribed with sertraline and clonezapam. As much as possible I do not

want to depend on drugs especially if you will have to be on it regularly not as needed only. I have not started taking the sertraline as I want to do more research and ask people who are or were on it if it will really help me. For the meantime I want to try calming teas, relaxing music and lavender warming oil plugged in my room. There are nights I could not sleep and do not want to depend on pills if I can do it naturally. I will also try Qi-gong

tomorrow and I was told I will be taught about breathing exercises and how

to manage stress. I am not sure how I can tell my doctor that I have not started the med yet as I have read more about side effects and that the effect will take two weeks. Also, has anyone here felt their BP is higher in the evening? I work night shifts 3-11pm and never had bp issues before. I was thinking if I should just give up the night shift and change my lifestyle? I try to eat healthy, I lost much weight, but two days ago my appetite is good. But I

am afraid everytime I go back to work and work straight for 5 days evening, I would feel tired again and bp is high. Hope to get a good advice from all of you.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Excersise is one of the best cures for anxiety and depression. It doesn't have to be a workout. 20 min walks a day are enough. When we excersise it helps lower stress chemicals in the brain that cause anxiety. It also uses up all that adrenaline. Eating healthy is a must also. Take a multivitamin with b vitamins. When you feel anxious drink some chamomile tea. (I put like 3 teabags in a cup) drink it before or close to bed time.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

There are some that dont give neds too. At least not ling term ones. Some people really cant use them for various reasons. I get thise cycles too where it just sucks and once lasted for six weeks straight. I tell myself i know at some point ill snao out if this and ill have better days. I try to force in liquids and food and listen to audiobooks and podcasts to hooefully learn something that makes me feel better.fear is an immobilizing thing. It just is.and whnpen your sick holy molly it gets worse. I have tried so many things iver the oast almost three decades it all comes back to self calming and meditation.p and breathing. Talk therapy has been useless its a malfinction. Hypnosis wont work because its a malfunction and changes itself up. Eating healthy does make you feel stronger as does sleeping if you can even get a good nights rest. Natyrally i jse b12 complex, vutamin c and co enyme q10 and vit e here and there. I juice though i try to once a day. Ginger helps the dizzy. Celery is calming domething in it and i put in a fruit a pear or apple for taste. You can chop up half a cup of holy basil and eat it. Foods have chemicals in the, that are useful. Tahts where they derive medicine from just in potent amount. L theanine by suntheanine is udpber great to get sleepy but you cant be on any meds. Pinterest has fantastic articles and remidies. Look meds work on half the people, its us ither half that need remidies. This is a personal battle so you have to wait to you come across something that you say ah ha thats it and go with that choice. Its what comforts you, what you believe in and what makes you feel calmer.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

what makes you feel calm and less anxious?
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up