Anxiety, lightheaded, pass out feeling

Posted , 25 users are following.

Okay so I don't really know how to explain how I feel. It's all just so odd. I'm going to try to explain it, and I'm hoping someone can verify anxiety makes them feel like this too!!

1) Tingles. All the time. In random places. I am starting to be able to reassure myself that it's anxiety related because I'm so used to it happening. I've been able to reassure myself when it does happen, because I've purposely put myself into uncomfortable situations and BOOM, it happens. It's not a numb, falling asleep feeling. It's literally just tingles. If I relax and calm myself down, it goes away. It still freaks me out though.

2) Ever since I had my c section, I've been TERRIFIED of passing out. I don't know why it started at that time, but it did. I think it's because I was in so much pain during recovery, (and I was so afraid of getting post partum preeclampsia and/or a blood clot from limited mobility) that I just honestly thought when I stood up, I was going to pass out. I was so afraid to shower and walk too far from the couch. I'm 100% over that part of it now, but that fear is still there. I'm also afraid to drive on the freeway now, just in case I pass out. If I'm on it, and there isn't an exit every mile, I will start to get really panicky and fidgety. I'll get tingly and my entire body feels really light. I have to turn the air on full blast and roll the windows down. I will have to immediately get off.

So I'm finding lately that I'm getting a very light, weird feeling when I walk around. I get an airy feeling in my chest, and sometimes I feel like I'm out of breath but I'm definitely not. It's just like an "Uhhh I feel weird want to sit back down" feeling. That's how everything is.

I should mention I have severe health anxiety. I've always been a hypochondriac, but it's gotten much worse ever since my pregnancy. I HATE IT. I've thought I've had a brain tumor, MS, Parkinson's, ovarian cancer (which I still think I have, due to this little twinge I have on my left side when I move certain ways), a tumor on my spine, a heart problem, etc. Google is not my friend.

I'm finding now if I focus on something that makes me panicky, I will get that pass out, light feeling. When I say light, I don't necessarily mean light headed. You know how when you stand up too fast and get that head rush? It's not like that. I just feel like my entire body and head is light. It's very strange and I hate it!!!! It's like a pass out feeling. I constantly check my blood pressure at home and it's always normal. I'm having a hard time understand why anxiety does this. I had a physical in October and all my blood work was fine. But then of course I read crap online about people having something wrong with them, even with good bloodwork so I get freaked out.

Weird lighting makes my eyes feel weird too. And sometimes that triggers that feeling. It just comes out of nowhere.

I also suffer from panic attacks. I get a very weird rush through my body and have to immediately go somewhere cold, or put something frozen on my face from the freezer. Listening to my calming app and laying in front of my fan usually calms me down.

I'm just so sick of thinking something is wrong with me all of the time! And I have a hard time believing this is all anxiety. I get waves of dizziness here and there too! Not spinny dizzy, just a woozy feeling. I can't stand it!!!

I just want anyone who also feels like this to let me know how it feels for them, and how they deal with it.

0 likes, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I feel the same as you every day of my life. This is year 4 with anxiety for me. It was never thus bad for me. Now I have the physical symptoms. Dizziness.. tingly. Shortness of breath. Its very frustrating because I can't control it.. and the smallest amount of stress triggers it. At least twice a day I get light headed and feel like Im gonna pass out. I have also experienced this while driving. I honestly almost felt like I was floating or weightless.. i rolled the window down and it was like it snapped me out of it. Its so scary because I don't understand. Now Im suffering from Health Anxiety..even though my Dr says Im healthy. . I feel like Im not. And google makes it soo much worse for me... i need to quit searching stuff but it's hard. I hate living like this. Everyday is a battle but I still try to put a smile on for my family..also just wanted to say YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

• Posted

Weightless is a GREAT word. When I say I feel "light" that's exactly what I mean. I feel weightless. I've never had it this bad. I think I know WHY it happened. But I don't know how to stop it. I'll just be sitting on the couch and I'll get an entire body rush that makes me have to immediately go outside into the cold. (I'm in Michigan)....or stand in front of the freezer.

• Posted

Same here. I always feel like a complete weirdo when I have company or Im at a social gathering and I bolt and go out for fresh air. Lol.

• Posted

I mean there are times where I'm like "This is it. I'm about to drop to the ground. Something bad is about to happen." WTF!? I rush to my bed to lay down so fast. I sprint to my bed and turn my fan on full blast.

• Posted

Do you get thort burning too and falter heart am scared I suffered panic disorder
    • Posted

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Your throat burns? Do you have acid reflux? And falter heart? Yes I do get panic attacks, they're awful.

• Posted

I hate the feelings that come with that thought "omg! This is it! Something is about to happen to me!"

• Posted

jamie and jessica, Im in the exact same boat...been dealing with it for years now and its worse since myn3rd baby august 2015. I take magnesium at night to sleep. and I just started researching niacin...I will try that this weekend. It is life altering....staying busy is key, and exercising. Helps to know.you are not alone!

• Posted

Interesting! Does the magnesium work then? I will look in to that as I'm up all night n so tired the next day!! Xx

• Posted

It helps relaxation, constipation, sleep, etc. I will be trying Niacin this weekend too. I have been ok for 2 days. Thank you Lord. I have done a TON of praying as well. I pray for all who struggle with this!!
  • Posted

I've been dealing with similar I was diagnosed with Genearlised anxiety disorder when I was a kid and it's only just become bad I constantly worry that I'm dying and I can be fine the whole day and suddenly change sad the one thing that's causing me concern and a lot of distress is the cold tingling I also get bad cold rushes when I feel very agitated and panicky like a vien flush feeling. Even though I know it's anxiety it still happens which it's starting to keep me up at nights too but I know it's because it happens then I start thinking Bout it and can't stop sad I've not really found ways to deal with it yet but I'm starting to talk to more people who have anxiety and suggest things to try I mean during the day I rarely have problems because I'm distracted it's at night when I go to bed That I can't figure out what to do.

• Posted

Oh my god i just can't say how much i relate to all of you! I feel like I'm about to die every freaking day,worst days were when I was SO convinced i was dying i was just lying on bed waiting for it. I have so many symptoms as well. As soon as one symptom goes away,another one comes up which convinces me I'm dying. It's actually worse for me in the morning as I wake up with anxiety and nausea! Idk it's really dreading for me, I can't even seem to force myself to go to uni as well. I really hope we can all get through this. Best of luck!

• Posted

I'm currently at my doctors appointment. I got dizzy-ish for a second. I have stomach cramps and my arms feel tingly. I have random head pains, I feel so odd. Just because I'm at the doctors. I'm so anxious she's going to tell me something is wrong. I HATE THIS.

And I always wake up feeling so groggy and sometimes nauseous!

• Posted

Take a deep breath. Know that the there are very very small chances something is wrong. Look at all of us deal with the exact same thing. Does your blood pressure go up when you are at the Dr?
    • Posted

It used to when I was pregnant. Today it was 120/60. I think it's because I was more calm when she took it. She talked to me for a while first, so it relaxed me.

• Posted

Hey there,how did the appointment go? I wake up feeling nauseous which sucks! I'm about to throw up every morning! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.