Anxiety linked to sex

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im 18 and on anxiety tablets(which are useless in my opinion!) and have been for 3 years or so now. Im also on lymecylcline which is for spots and adjusts your testosterone, because mine is insanley high.

For quite some time now i have not usually been able to finish during sex or oral. Everytime me and my GF have sex i always feel like a have a numb penis which then stops me feeling pretty much any pleasure. Ive had enough of it now and would like to enjoy sex every time with my GF instead of feeling numb and her feeling useless. 

One more thing is that i can never have morning sex at all, i have never orgasmed during morning sex and can even struggle to keep it up. 

Any help would be great!

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Stop all mind altering medications now. Wean yourself off them over the next few weeks. You do not need them, they are no use and now they are giving you sexual dysfunctions. They turn off the pleasure receptors in your brain and sometimes they forget to turn them back on again. For anxiety get rid of your stressors.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I think i need to go to my GP and organise to come off them then. Will i feel pleasure again? Or not? I hope because i have been on the anxiety tablets fo so long that it hasnt done too much damage:s.

Thanks alotsmile

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Tom, you do not have to go to your GP for this. Take matters in your own hands. In my view, you should never have been put on this medication in the first place.

As to whether your sexual pleasure sensations will return after you have discontinued this medication is to some extent  a wait and see business. The probabality is that it will return. Incidently, the length of time you were on them is irrelevent. Even one dose of an SSRI for example can alter things for all time. You will be fine. Think posatively and good luck.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well the reason they out me on Fluoxetene was that i had seen many CAHMS members and a psyciatrist because my anxiety and depression was so bad. I shall talk to my GP just incase it could be anything else.

I defenitely hope it goes away. Thanks for the support and all your infor in on boardsmile

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up