Anxiety makes me afraid to do anything help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is anyone else very fearful of being alone? I hate it so,much and I just count down to the hours when my mom,os sister gets home. I'm even more fearful because my dad is completely disabled and I have to take care of him but I'm so afraid something will happen that I won't be able to help him. I'm afraid to eat because I feel like it will make me gassy and whenever I burp it makes my chest hurt a little and Ill confuse that with real chest from a heart attack. I am overweight and I know I have to work out and lose the pounds, but I'm afraid of doing that too because I get scared when my heart rate is out of the normal range. Can someone please help me?! Is anyone fearful like this from their anxiety?

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yep! I find I go out so I'm not alone with my kids in case anything happens to me (drop dead) and there's no one to look after them! I feel even if I'm in the car at least someone would see me. I gave a constant headache and fear every little ache or pain will be the killer, I hate nighttime as I dread going to bed as I fear I won't wake up! I can only offer the assurance you are not alone but I'm afraid I haven't found how to conquer it! 
    • Posted

I hate going to bed too well I fear sleeping I should say. This is so weird because before all of this started to happen I loved being alone and I could go from 10pm-1am straight sleeping, not I can't even get 5 hours.
    • Posted

Tell me about it! I find I'm staying up later and taking painkillers before bed just to get 6 hours but I wake in a panic checking I'm ok! Sounds really daft but I can't get past it and I used to love going to bed. I've been referred to psychologist for my anxiety so hoping that works! 
    • Posted

I've been refered to a psychologist too. My doc believes everything is fine and that I'm too young to be worried about a heart attack especially since i dont have a family history of heart problems, but every waking moment (and sleeping moment) I'm worried about my heart. Checking the pulse etc. I'm afraid to take any pills because I feel like it will mask anything I'm feeling and I worry that it could be something serious.
    • Posted

My doc says the same and last year I had a mri scan on my brain all was normal but I worry they missed something. And I try to calm myself down but end up worse. I feel silly when I tell my husband or my mum how i feel but I know its because they don't understand. I know people that have been really poorly or are still and yet all i want is to compare symptoms. In case I have it or can tell doc what I think I have.

I take painkillers (paracetamol) more so out of habit. As feel nothing works. My first appointment is next week and so I'm more anxious leading up to it.

• Posted

My doc is convinced that there's nothing wrong because she knows my health history. She only did blood test, but next week when I see her Im going to request some other test because I can't deal with uncertainty. I also feel very silly when I tell my family members because I feel as if they really are fed up and I know they don't know how it feels.
    • Posted

If you're not happy request further tests. My doc seems to understand I think as I can explain why I feel like this which is why she has referred me so hopefully someone else can give me the technique to get past it. 
  • Posted

Wow this is exactly how I feel about my heart and it came out of no where all of a sudden chest pains arm pain jaw pain shortness of breath. I have a family history but the basic test I've had all came back ok my doctor is great he 100 per cent believes it's all health anxiety I've had cbt and that did nothing for me I'm now about to start some other type of thearpy so hoping that will help. Trying to see a phyciatrist where I am is next to impossible
    • Posted

I feel kinda silly because I know people who have worst health than I do, who actually have heart problems in their family, who smoke and they seem so care free and are living and enjoying. But here I am sulking and worrying over every little pain. Its tiring and I hope the psychologist can put my mind at ease.
  • Posted

I am 35 year old and I'm still scared to be by myself and I have three kids so I know how you feel
    • Posted

I think about my future all the time and recently I've been thinking about if I should have kids or not. Sometimes I think I wouldn't want to put them through this ordeal, and then I think that maybe someday I will get over this where I can have the confidence to start a family. How do you cope with the fear?
    • Posted

I'm trying to figure that out right now how to cope with that it's hard I see a therapist every month to help me with that
  • Posted

You described me to a T.. I am so nervous about being alone.. if my significant other isn't going to be home then I'll go to my parents.. I too, do not enjoy the things I use to because of anxiety.. I don't eat things I love because I am so afraid they will trigger a heart attack.. I had a minor incident with SVT where my heart for unknown reasons skyrocketed in rate and since then I have been suffering day in and day out.. makes me feel depressed.. I just want to live again..
    • Posted

I feel as though I can't eat my favorite foods anymore. Dairy recently has been upsetting my stomach so I can't eat ice cream or chocolate. I also love spicy food, but my doc wants me stay away from it. So basically I have to eat bland or not eat at all.
    • Posted

I understand completely.. I love mexican and spicy food but haven't really had that for almost 2 months.. I don't drink anything but water and I love tea but nope, can't drink that.. I eat the same bland crap over and over again.. you wouldn't think that something as simple as not eating foods you enjoy would affect a person as much as its affecting me...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.