Anxiety most of the day.

Posted , 5 users are following.

My anxiety is worse in the morning almost from when I wake up. It can build up during the day to the point I start crying

Strangely enough I'm calmer at night when we settle down for the night and go to bed.

I suffer depression, anxiety and panic. I'm on Venlafaxine XL 75 mg

In the mornings. (I also have Bronchiectasis, and asthma.)

My husband has an inherited medical condition called Hereditary Haemorrhagic Telangiactesia aka HHT.

with Arteriovenous Malformations or AVM's. Basically he has frequent nosebleeds, some of which are so bad

he has to be taken to A & E.

I'm 61 he's 68. We have a small dog who's 16, he has cataracts and his hearing isn't good.

My GP also prescribed 2 mg diazepam 2 x 2 when I require it up to 12 mg daily.

I've never taken the 12 mg except at the beginning. She wants me to reduce the dose. Mostly it's just 4 mg around 6pm.

My CPN, whom I rarely see at a mental health centre, and is difficult to get hold of, also wants me to come off the diazepam totally.

I don't have mindfulness or anything else in it's place.

What I would like to know is why the anxiety is so suddenly there in the morning.

Does anybody else experience this? I'd just like to get some peace from the horrible fear and anxiety.

Thank you, sorry for the long rant.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, don't worry about ranting get it all off your chest.

Yes it is completely normal to be more anxious on a morning, well at least for me. I'm at work at the moment and getting out of bed and getting ready and driving to work is the hardest thing ever. Apparently the mind is at its quietest on a morning but mine runs away with me and as I get busy at work at talk to people I get more confident as the day goes on. Im suffering from dp/dr after a long and traumatic 8 months of anxiety and panic I can't explain how hard it is, just put on a brace face and pretend it's not there is what I'm doing, trying to do everything I used to do.

On a morning after sleep for me it's like you wake up and in a split second I forget about the problems and it's like my mind cannot accept

Peace or calm so it instantly worries and panics and goes looking for things so goes repeating and stressing about everything that has been bothering me and instantly looks for answers and reassurance. Maybe it's the same for you.

All the best keep fighting it

• Posted

Hi Chriselora, yes I also experience this morning thing, as soon as I wake up my anxiety kicks in, my heart starts to race, and I feel as if something awful is about to happen,.

Some days my heart just keeps racing, making me trembly and jittery, other days it comes and goes. It seems often to start when I am trying to relax, which seems to fit in with the morning thing, being relaxed when I wake up.

All I can say is its horrible and totally out of your control, the harder you try to control it the worse it becomes, and the more you try to ignore it, the more you focus on it. I do hope you can get some relief from this awful thing. Xx

• Posted

Hi Wendy, thank you for your comments. I'm going to speak to my

GP when I see her this week. xx

• Posted

Hello Chriselora

You have so much going on it is difficult where to start all I can suggest your GP to contact your CPN and Social Services. I would understand the feelings in the morning although I would still feel you need the support your GP can arrange.

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob, thank you for commenting and your advice. I agree things can't

go on as they are. I need more help of some sort.

Thank you again.

• Posted

Hi Chriselora.

Yes, apparently it is very common and normal to feel more anxious at the beginning of the day. It's a horrible way to start the day. My mind goes crazy with bizarre negative thoughts and fears and even though I know that anxiety does not cause any harm I fear being on my own in case 'something happens' ?!! I guess I fear dying (I'm 63) but really the fear thoughts can be anything! Anyway, no answers here, I'm afraid. I try to accept my anxious symptoms rather than fight them (which is what all experts recommend) and I meditate daily all of which helps quite a bit but it's still dodgy in the morning. Good luck and best wishes

• Posted

Hi Athol, depression and anxiety are a horrible combination. I don't think

the GP's or CPN's or any other 'mental health' persons really understand

What we go through.

I'm trying to practice just acknowledging and accept the feelings but I'm struggling

badly.

Thank you for replying to my post..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.