anxiety nearly 9weeks on flu

Posted , 4 users are following.

People who don't know my story in short

5years ago after my son health anxiety fear of been away leading to server pn depression. Treated with sertraline stopped on it 5years till pregnant again. Was fine till 30weeks pregnant when health anxiety started and depersonalisation feeling in a dream world unable to function!

Been on flu 10wks nearly was doing well. Baby was born 2weeks ago and I'm now getting the dizzy spaced out feeling back when I go out or people visit me. I'm scared this is the start of something I can't control but the other part of me thinks I'll be OK because I won't let it freak me out this time. Should I see my doctor about upping my dose or do I wait it out and hope it doesn't get worse. sad

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel ,

congratulations. I kind of felt like that one half anxious the other saying I would be fine. I went up to 40 mgs and feel fine on it. I am much calmer more relaxed and worry about trivial things and my OCD related to health anxiety is much better. I never thought I would just take things in my stride but I can on most occasions. Discuss it with you Dr I went straight to 40 mg but I know you can take 20 one day and 40 the next and it evens out to 30.

hope this helps. I am six months in now and it does take time but I feel it's worth it

Linda xx

• Posted

I took a long time to get used to 20 it was awful and my doctor said 40 might give me a don't care attuide which I don't want with 2 active young children and a newborn but I'm so scared it will get worse, I keep thinking it won't because i don't worry like I used to but the anxiety is there sad
    • Posted

It will probably get steadily better for you it can't be easy for you with three children one only a new baby. You should be proud of yourself for coping so well.

I know it's hard on flu when you feel it will never fully work but you are seeing a signs of progress and that's good

Lindax

Linda x

• Posted

Hi Rachel,

I agree with mockingbird .  I'm sure you would benefit from increasing your dose.  I certainly did.  I was on 20mg for about 5-6 weeks then went to alternating daily between 20/40mg for another 6 weeks.  Since the end of December I have been on 40mg and have found this to be ideal.  I feel pretty much back to normal.  Have been on and off Fluoxetine over the years, I realise that I made the mistake that when I felt good I would stop taking the capsules, as I didn't think I needed them.  I will not make that mistake again.  I may in time try to reduce from 40mg, but for now that does is good for me.  In short, up your dose, accept your feelings and try to keep positive.

Regards, Chris.

• Posted

Thanks guys. My gp said its depression creeping in my p doc said anxiety. I don't feel depressed I just feel headaches and a dizziness feeling of loosing reality, do u get this? But it increases in different situations even though me myself don't feel anxious it just happens sad before I thought it was a serious illness now I understand it more I'm hoping it won't get worse x
  • Posted

hi Rachel and little rachel person, I changed from 20 to 40 after 8 weeks or so and it was certainly the right move for me, I had a chat with my doctor and he said to go ahead, so I'm thinking perhaps you need to have the same conversation with your doc. It's awful that spaced out feeling is'nt it? I still get it but only slightly now due to an anti-histamine I'm taking to help. Hope you get some sound advice and help real soon smile
    • Posted

Did u get all the side effects again? My start up was dreadful! I'm going to see doctor about 30mg . glad ur all doing well x
    • Posted

the change from 20 to 40 was pretty smooth really, had a couple of yuck days but nothing major, side effects were minimal for me thank god, I guess I was lucky in that respect. 30 mg sounds like a good idea, just that extra step to boost you from where you are now, best wishes for your new journey smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.