Anxiety or brain tumour?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi!

I'm 22 (male). For around 4 years, I've been constantly feeling light headed.

Sometimes it's worse than normal. Like sometimes I can think, but sometimes it gets in the way of me thinking and it just feels like I can't focus.

It's always been put down to me worrying (anxiety). I went and seen a psychiatrist which really helped and has allowed me to stop worrying as much.

I still feel light headed though. Or like in a bit of a "daze" or spaced out sort of feeling.

Do you think it is a brain tumour? Or just my anxiety? I'm really worried. If it was a tumour, if it's been like this for 4 years, would more have happened by now? Would I even still be alive?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I severely doubt four years of your life would go past without a Benign tumour being diagnosed, Unless you're one of those people who are terrified of going to the doctor.

I get weird fizzing sensations in my brain on a weekly basis but i just put them down to my body being weird. I get dizzy, they go away. 

If it seriously keeps playing on your mind (no pun intended) then go to the docs for an x-ray and End your four years of worry/suspicion!!

• Posted

I don't get dizzy. It's just sort of a bit light headed like if you didn't eat anything for a while.

I've been to the doctors about it and he laughed the brain tumour idea off, and sent me on a one-to-one CBT course.

It's not as light headed as it used to be, but it still is.

I don't have other symptoms when I've looked at brain tumour symptoms, but I just panic it is.

But after 4 years, would something have worse happened by now? Would I have died if it was one? I've been to the doctors more than once about this.

• Posted

I dont think you have a brain tumour and I do think it is anxiety.

If this is effecting your life go and get a 2nd opinon and consider therapy it teaches you how to cope with anxiety/panic

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

It's not a brain tumor because my ex sister in law had one and she was in immense pain. It sounds like anxiety. I can't focus either, especially when my anxiety is really high. I can be talking to someone and forget what I'm talking about because I have my mind on something else. I do it all the time.
    • Posted

My post posted by accident before I was finished, lol. I also feel lightheaded with my anxiety. I think the worst feeling is the inner jitters and heart palpitations and the nausea. It's all bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.