Anxiety or heart problem PLEASE HELP AND READ MY DISCRETION IM REALY SCARED

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 15 yr old female and about 3 weeks ago I started to have jaw pain and looked it up and read about anemia and heart attacks. I convinced my self I ha anemia and started to feel heart palpitations and a rumbling in my chest. I read a little more about anemia and heart attacks and about 4 days ago started feeling tingling in my left arm and now some pain in my back under my left shoulder. I didn't feel anything until a day after reading about it. The jaw pain has been gone for weeks but I still am constantly aware of my heart and right now my back hurts and left arm feels slightly stiff. I'm not dizzy or having a lot of Chest pain but have basically convinced my self that I'm soon gunna have a heart attack. I have checked my heart rate and resting it's always below 100 and I can never feel it skip a beat or suddenly get fast. And lastly this is REALLY embarrassing but I haven't had my "time of month" in 6 months and was wondering if that could mean anything an when I had it before it was always abnormal and skip a moth and last a week soo...Thank you and any help is appreciated

2 likes, 21 replies

Report / Delete

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,me again it is highly unlikely at your age you'd have a heart attack. When my son was in highschool i took him to the hospital for chest pains. His turned out to be from stomach issues from poor diet. I think they wanted him to go on an antacid medication. He never did and hes almost 40. Try and relax,that bit about heart attacks occurring around your birthday is kind of rediculous dont ya think. Relax. You are so lucky you are so young. Hey and you have a birthday in a few days. Happy early birthday! Xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Tell your mom about your loss of period. They will do bloodwork and check your hormones. They check something at your age called prolactin. The doctor would know what levels to check or refer you to an endocrinologist. Happens commonly. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up